Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
Well, I guess I'm stupid or oldfashioned or both, but I just bought another used N900 I'm done with Android and patiently waiting for Sailfish to come, the N9 is no alternative for me so I'm hoping for my 3rd and last N900 (sold the other two long time ago) to shorten the waiting time
toldya :P

Now, install CSSU-thumb to have your new n900 experience different to the old ones

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@sixwheeledbeast: cool, just bookmarked it, thanks

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
to lazy read full thread but if not already done so: I recomend test nemomobile.on n900/n9 if you want to play with new ui's as many knows sailfishos is heavily based core nemo/mer stack too

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Installing

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Well, I guess I'm stupid or oldfashioned or both, but I just bought another used N900 I'm done with Android and patiently waiting for Sailfish to come, the N9 is no alternative for me so I'm hoping for my 3rd and last N900 (sold the other two long time ago) to shorten the waiting time
Welcome back!, this time for real )

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
got it finally today the poor thingy was dirty like sh.. and the display has millions of light scratches took a while to clean it and I already put a screen protector on it - luckily one doesn't notice the scratches when the display is on but I hoped it would be better...
but nevertheless: it's here and I love it just flashed it to PR1.3 and am now trying to install cssu thumb on it...

got it finally today the poor thingy was dirty like sh.. and the display has millions of light scratches took a while to clean it and I already put a screen protector on it - luckily one doesn't notice the scratches when the display is on but I hoped it would be better...
but nevertheless: it's here and I love it just flashed it to PR1.3 and am now trying to install cssu thumb on it...
Please, please, please USB fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Please, please, please USB fix.
Or at least install Pali's U-Boot and turn on R&D mode *NOW*. This way you can still unbrick the N900 (if required and you don't need a screwdriver

@vi_: thx, I've already filed the charging cable (actually I did that with all my phones since the N900...)

@reinob: I'll take a look at that, but I never really managed to brick the N900,,, or is there anything I have missed?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I am guessing he means the ability to repair the N900 file system without the uUSB working. If you get stuck on a bootloop from testing unstable software for example.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
@reinob: I'll take a look at that, but I never really managed to brick the N900,,, or is there anything I have missed?
It's just a recommendation in one of my N900s I managed to *almost* brick it (you can read about it in the U-boot thread), and only thanks to the U-boot console I managed to unbrick it. But I had to type really quickly because of the watchdog -> now I have R&D set in my 3 N900s, for that extra peace of mind