Active Topics

Notices

hope to see the result! thanks!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Borneo
Originally Posted by DataGhost View Post
With some extra work done today I'm now able to read the WA protocol into computer-usable structures and convert it into human-readable form
Hi DataGhost, do you know what is the return value of
WhatsAppBG.getInstance().getAppProperty(Constants. MIDLET_VERSION) ?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Skype eats batery like a mad man. The only reason I would want to use this is because 70% of the market is dominated by Android devices, and if whatsapp would work on the n900 it would make it even closer to a perfect device capable of outlasting android in any way.

As for the devs in this topic. Could you keep us 'noobs' updated with what is actually working and what needs testing? Since I doubt half of the community knows what you guys are talking about. Anyway keep up the good work!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Skype eats batery like a mad man. The only reason I would want to use this is because 70% of the market is dominated by Android devices, and if whatsapp would work on the n900 it would make it even closer to a perfect device capable of outlasting android in any way.

As for the devs in this topic. Could you keep us 'noobs' updated with what is actually working and what needs testing? Since I doubt half of the community knows what you guys are talking about. Anyway keep up the good work!
use NITdroid and its work, whats more??, huh??, there catfiz already, and become more popular,

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
I've had to flash my n900 twice because of NITdroid. And it's far from stable. Why would I want to use a PHONE OS if you can't call?. I'm not constantly switching my phone on and off to call someone.

Some apps that are on Android are superior to the ones on the n900. Whatsapp might be one because of the amount of people that use it.

--Sorry for carrying this conversation in this topic. I need to stay on topic.

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-02-14 at 07:30.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
I've had to flash my n900 twice because of NITdroid. And it's far from stable. Why would I want to use a PHONE OS if you can't call?. I'm not constantly switching my phone on and off to call someone.

Some apps that are on Android are superior to the ones on the n900. Whatsapp might be one because of the amount of people that use it.

--Sorry for carrying this conversation in this topic. I need to stay on topic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGDQohJaBc

thats my nitdroid, for me is stable enough,

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by didik.wahyono View Post
Hi DataGhost, do you know what is the return value of
WhatsAppBG.getInstance().getAppProperty(Constants. MIDLET_VERSION) ?
I had 2.1.0 as answer but I don't know if thats correct. Maybe somebody else can verfify or correct it?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
I agree with Wreck. I support efforts to get WhatsApp running on Maemo and our N900s, and I think it really shows the dedication and talent of this community to our devices.

It's easy to say if you want WhatsApp, just buy a new (Android/iPhone/WP7) phone or run NITDroid. But the fact is we don't want to do either of those things, we want it running natively in Maemo, so we don't have to compromise, change to a (inferior imho) closed-OS phone, or have to reboot every time to make a phone call.

I would love it if there was a free, open-source messaging app on all devices that everyone used. But the fact is WhatsApp seems to be the market leader and due to the developer is unavailable on our phones.

I would love to have WhatsApp on my N900 so I can keep it touch easier with friends and get them to stop nagging me about changing phones since I'm not giving up my N900 anytime soon!

Best of luck to all the developers here who are working on making it happen!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Whatsapp on the N9 would be amazing. Thanks for the effort guys!

I'm in on this two, I have a Nokia N9 and ALSO a android device as well with whats app.

Also a Java developer and now learning C++/Qt/QML. Happy to help.

If someone created a ticketing system I could see what task needs doing then happy to pick on and try to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post: