Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
what do I have to do to completly uninstall atweb, I did it through app manager and It only uninstalled the browser...had 30 some MB before install and after I uninstalled, I still only have 8 something left.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
what do I have to do to completly uninstall atweb, I did it through app manager and It only uninstalled the browser...had 30 some MB before install and after I uninstalled, I still only have 8 something left.
from xterm, using root, try 'apt-get autoremove'

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Does anybody else have the same issue with the keyboard popping up when the screen is touched?

It may only happen if the page has a text input box but I'm not very sure. This behavior is so bad I stop using the app out of frustration before I can hunt down specifics.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
@Web is uninstalled by using application mangers, but @Web is built on Qt libraries which are not removed when uninstalling @Web. Use following steps to uninstall Qt libs.

1. Gain root http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access
2. Open xterm
3. Change to root account
4. Type following 'apt-get remove libqtcore4'

Hi All,

I have made release to extras for @Web 2.0.9 including:

- RSS reader
- Improved password manager
- Fixes and optimizations

It should soon appead in extras.

Please try this out and tell us how you like it (e-mail to support.product@digia.com or this forum).

Next we plan to look into Fremantle and N900 to have @Web running nicely there (and we hope that we can keep Diablo supported also).

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
Digia Plc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ttt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
when i surf internet with digia, I always am very satisfied (apart for the handling of flash, but that's a webkit problem...) apart for the fact tha when i scroll it always pop up the OSK...(have an n800..)

how can i fix this problem??

Quick first feelings about @Web, on N810 running Diablo:
- Address bar position is annoying. It is covering the top part of the pages, and on the first load, one has to wait until it disappears. Perhaps there is some setting that controls the time that the address bar is visible. This is bad behaviour, especially because the browser is not quick. Pages do load slowly even with fast WiFi connections, and all the time that address bar is visible.
--> Bottom of the page would be much more better place for the Address bar, because pages' main links are rarely located there
- Selecting web addresses from drop-down menu, with touch-screen qwerty, does not work.
- Some pages just do not work. For example Facebook, it loads the main page, but clicking links to Profile or Friends - they do not work! I have experiences some trouble with the N810 std browser as well, but not this bad.
- Another Facebook-related problem: if the browser is not zoomed into full screen (from N810), the Login-button can not be scrolled into view
- I understand that these problems may be partly claimed as service provider (facebook corp) problems, but SOME iop testing should be carried out with major web services, before launcing even betas.

Support.digia.com says on 2.7.2009 (https://support.digia.com/kb/article/show/?id=123&) that "There is a major update coming within the next couple of weeks.". Well, there surely would be a need for that major update, especially if someone would like to have it running on N900...

-KJ

Hi All,

Regarding N900 we have not so good and possible good news.

We have ported @Web (well there was very little to port since the Qt version stayed the same) to N900 using Qt 4.5 Community port.

But unfortunately the performance is not much better and in some places worse than N810.

So we have not made a release yet because we want to make a good browser for N900.

Now there is coming Qt 4.6 for Maemo/N900 and it (fingers crossed) should be faster - What we aim to do is to bring @Web to Qt 4.6 for N900. Hopefully Qt WebKit runs better in that one so that the power of the HW can be enjoyed.

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
Digia Plc

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ttt For This Useful Post:
Anyone know how to get past the "trial expired" issue?

Hi All,

We have fixed the trial expired problem in 2.0.10 version (works now until end of March). It should soon appear to Diablo extras repository.

The same version also fixes problem with file download.

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
Digia Plc