Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
or even the standalone 10.1 player????. then this app will be a monster
Well, it already is a standalone player (if we forego the Qt libs). It can use, but does not rely on other built-in components (browser, kmplayer, etc)

Got bored today and downloaded a pack of flash games. Been trying them out and so far found several really good ones. Little Wheel and Dice and two of my favourites at the moment

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It's also possible to "embed" MicroB directly into your app, like how Conversations and "Get started" does (which also, incidentally, just plays a SWF) through the EAL.

Unfortunately, it's arguable on whether adding it would be worth it:
  • It's GObject-based (no complaint from me, but as this is a Qt app [not complaining; I rather love the awesome-looking interfaces and functionalities of your Qt apps])
  • I think it's using DBus-GLib, not sure
  • It's heavily undocumented - the only examples I found were in the SVN and a post by timeless somewhere on -developers showing a bit of how "Get started" works. For the rest, I had to open /usr/bin/rtcomm-messaging-ui.launch and the Get Started application in IDA Pro. And this was just to get a minimal example...
  • The -dev packages cannot be found in the SDK repo! This is odd, as older versions can be checked out from https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm.../?root=browser. Rather odd, considering how the full source is available... I'd file a bug, but I'm already bugging Marcell for libmlocknice-dev and I don't want to be more whorish

Benefits:
  • You can get notifications of when the page has loaded etc. through GObject signals
  • The way it works is that you "embed" an XID into a window of your app. The function that does this returns an XID. In GTK+, you'd put it in a GTKSocket - I'm sure Qt has something similar

Anyway, sorry for this random ranting. Just throwing an idea out there. Thanks for the app!

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-05-19 at 10:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Very cool latest update. Love there is a GUI to add games now. On that.. any tips on downloading SWF (or even getting direct link) directly from the N900? I tried a few browsers and none support downloading particular extensions from what I can tell.
BTW I had an idea for this for the next iteration: extend the swf import to also search the browser cache directories. That way you just go (in microb) to the page where the swf is located, and then it will automagically show up in import. Not sure what to to with those later, though (obviously will disappear in time, so... copy over ? what if it's made up of several files ?).

EDIT:
@qwerty12:
Yeah, still, there might good reasons to do it if the docs/examples can be dug up (smaller memory footprint, quicker startup)... If you take a look at the launcher, you'll see that I wrote it in an (intentionally ) ugly way so the launch itself is done through a separate process, which in turn means that we're not at all tied to Qt (as in, I don't need the Qt event loop, etc), so GTK/GObject stuff is perfectly fine, too.

Last edited by attila77; 2010-05-19 at 11:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Can you elaborate ? I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting... What is sib ?
Sib is an mplayer frontend. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40315

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
sorry if mentioned before:
http://jellybattle.com is a nice multiplayer flash game.
possible to add?
it works in the browser if overclocked.
if not overclocked you will be to slow and kicked from the game...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
try from the console

apt-get install -s libqt14-webkit

hopefully that will shed more light on the actual culprit.
OK, for libqt4-qt3support, it was OTR Radio. I found that before I saw your note by going program by program through the Applications Manager, viewing properties, and looking at the "Installation" tab. I uninstalled that program b/c I didn't need it. That removed the "libqt4-qt3support" problem but I still couldn't install Flash Launcher.

I tried "apt-get remove -s libqt4-phonon" and that lead me to Qt Mapper. I uninstalled it as well.

Then I could install Flash Launcher!

BTW, I haven't come across a Flash game yet that I felt was playable on the n810 on anything other than "Low" quality. Is that something that Flash Launcher can set by default?

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-05-19 at 17:46.

We will have different default configs for the N900 and the N8x0 so each can get more appropriate content and settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Based on the feedback I'm getting it seems that there is something amiss in the PR1.2 edition of QtWebkit (oddly 4.5 worked just fine, 4.6 in PR1.1 had quirks we could live with, but something seems to have changed since then). Just so you know, if the flash game locks up when you do keyboard input, that's probably the cause. I'm still thinking how I can work around this as it's quite a bit of a showstopper, but if all else fails, we'll static-link the old WebKit if it turns out it cannot be solved before the next PR.

Can you elaborate ? I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting... What is sib ?
Sorry haven't checked this thread in a while. SIB is a GUI for Mplayer. It allows you to select a folder on your phone that has video in it and populates the playlist with whatever videos were in that folder.

Was wondering if your flash launcher could do the same. Because I have a bunch of flash games already on my phone. Don't want to have to go to the web in order to play them. Cuts down on loading time when they are already stored on the device.

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit