Originally Posted by Duy2anh View Post
Hi Yauchildchew
NokiaN95/11.0.026; Series60/3.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1
as "New UA String"
try include the "" in ur code.
where did u get ur N900? I still dont see any PR1.3 update for my US N900 variant.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hi Crogge
To answer your question I just install FMRadio on my N900 HongKong PR1.3, plug the wired headphone.
I notice there are two version of this: 2010.03.20 and 2010.03.60. I guessed the later was the latest so I tried it.
FMRadio 2010.03.60 just simply crashes to the desktop.
A reboot won't help.
Without removing this version, I tried to install FMRadio 2010.03.20, but was anable to install.
So I uninstall the 2010.03.60 version, install 2010.03.20 version, and it works without a reboot.
I tried to scan to frequencies lower than 87.5 but NO, it can go no lower than that or higher than 108.0 MHz.
I can not hit any Japanese broadcast with it anyway, neither on PR1.2 nor 1.3.
I tried installing FM-Boost but it still does not help.
After a reboot with both FMRadio and FM-Boost installed, nothing change: frequencies ranged between 87.50 and 108.00.
I do not install Japanese locale on my n900 though. I just use UK locale with GMT+9 for time zone.
Hope this post does answer you
Thank you, seems it is really a mess to receive frequencies below 87,50MHz.

well, i got myself into the Uboot stuck situation and reflashed.
Worked the half day just to refigure out howfMMS works.
the APN is something consisting of SoftBank in the beginning, google it.
And "" is needed.
Good luck!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
Greetings from a gaijin.
I am living in Japan and so happy toying around with my n900, Hongkong version.
I bought mine online in Japan.

[...]

For Japanese input, Kimitate has gathered a metapackage called Maemocjk-him-scim-anthy. I just installed this package using application manager. This work fine for me.

[...]
Hi,

I'm also living in Japan and am considering buying a N900. However, I would like first to verify something.

Could you tell me if the japanese input system that you are using (Maemocjk-him-scim-anthy) works well with Qt applications (toMOTko in particular (in testing repository)). I know that there is a problem with MSCIM as you can see in this thread. But I wonder if it works better with your mentioned input method. Or are they the same? I wonder...

Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
Hi,

I'm also living in Japan and am considering buying a N900. However, I would like first to verify something.

Could you tell me if the japanese input system that you are using (Maemocjk-him-scim-anthy) works well with Qt applications (toMOTko in particular (in testing repository)). I know that there is a problem with MSCIM as you can see in this thread. But I wonder if it works better with your mentioned input method. Or are they the same? I wonder...
Hi,
I haven't tried toMOTko so can't confirm for now, but the Maemo-him-scim-anthy works nicely with QStarDict so I suppose it has no problem with QT. I also has no problem with microB search bar, note, abiword, or gnumeric
By the way my N900 Hongkong is made in Korea even though the shop lady told me on the phone that it is chinese made. So maybe I can safely say Official HongKong N900 is korean made.
Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Duy2anh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yauchildchew View Post
well, i got myself into the Uboot stuck situation and reflashed.
Worked the half day just to refigure out howfMMS works.
the APN is something consisting of SoftBank in the beginning, google it.
And "" is needed.
Good luck!
That's bad. But hopefully you have found the PR 1.3 to reflash to your phone
Ofcourse I have put all the user agent string in the "", now with fMMS 1.2.9, but still only mail deaders can be received.
Have been googling alot but still not found any luck. I made fMMS 1.2.4 works with softbank N73 useragent before, but after several reflashing and new fMMS versions, I get lost.

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Thank you, seems it is really a mess to receive frequencies below 87,50MHz.
You are welcome
Since I can not listen to any stations properly from my area (Ibaraki) FMRadio is useless for me. May be will give it a try when I am in Tokyo.
But I am not that fond of Japanese FM radios anyway, So I will uninstall the app soon untill there is a better version.

That's bad. But hopefully you have found the PR 1.3 to reflash to your phone
Ofcourse I have put all the user agent string in the "", now with fMMS 1.2.9, but still only mail deaders can be received.
Have been googling alot but still not found any luck. I made fMMS 1.2.4 works with softbank N73 useragent before, but after several reflashing and new fMMS versions, I get lost.
These are my steps (after reflash, i have got pr1.3, i remember more about fMMS and at the same time i lose some apps like healthcheck, apmefo, etc to work):
1) get fAPN and fMMS
2) delete MMS APN (sometimes it only shows up after u have tried to download MMS) create new APN (any name) through fAPN
3) fMMS settings: open.soft.....; softb...; qceff....; sbmms......; google for all details.
4) new APN setting: open.soft....;opensoft......; eb.....
5) xterm; input the string.
6) test.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to yauchildchew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yauchildchew View Post
These are my steps (after reflash, i have got pr1.3, i remember more about fMMS and at the same time i lose some apps like healthcheck, apmefo, etc to work):
1) get fAPN and fMMS
2) delete MMS APN (sometimes it only shows up after u have tried to download MMS) create new APN (any name) through fAPN
3) fMMS settings: open.soft.....; softb...; qceff....; sbmms......; google for all details.
4) new APN setting: open.soft....;opensoft......; eb.....
5) xterm; input the string.
6) test.

Good luck.
Thanks for reply
I found a bunch of useragent here
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nor_cola/archives/51345363.html
Tried the N95 one, but still no luck
Any more APN details please

Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
Hi,

I tried toMOTko with scim module exported as default. It works fine but you still have to close the physical keyboard and tap on the screen to enter Japanese characters

The Following User Says Thank You to Duy2anh For This Useful Post: