Notices

Poll: Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?
Poll Options
Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
An obvious point, I know, but your n900 does have an ip assigned when you try to generate the sdp?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Wait wut do you mean?
BTW, just to make sure, I do put my desktop ip address in the phonestreamer not the n900 ip correct?? (dumb questions arising from desperation!! )

The Following User Says Thank You to lucky88shp For This Useful Post:
Indeed, the Pc's ip goes in phonestreamer, but the app will crash if you generate an sdp when the phone is not connected to a wireless AP (or hsdpa/gprs), ie it must have an IP. At least, it does on mine...

Yeah ofcourse i stay connected to the network while trying to generate the sdp and yes i too have an ip for the phone different than the desktop ip!

This problem lies with rootsh not giving you the proper sudo behaviour. I have no clue why rootsh is acting so weird on your phone but it's the definite cause of the problem.

For now, dont bother generating the sdp file. Instead just create one yourself on your PC using this example:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=124

and then stream from your device

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ootsh+password
Identical sudo issue discussed here but not resolved completely. Perhaps pursue there if lucky88shp will.

There is a scattering of reports on t.m.o about sudo and required passwords. Seems that this behaviour varies... strange indeed.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-03-13 at 23:28.

If it's such a common problem, then I could fairly easily do a quick workaround for it, but I feel like I'd be wasting system resources by creating another process...

I am unsure that common is the correct description. I assume that most do not require a password for sudo, and that sudo gainroot definitely does not.

I think edit the first post and note the issue and that a manual sdp file is the route to go. But do ask folk to post here if they encounter the issue so that you can see if it is common enough to warrant a work-around.

^ good point!

So I created the sdp file manually and then changed the ip address to my N900's ip as the guy said and then save the text file as n900videostream.sdp and then streamed from phone followed by opening the sdp file in vlc on desktop, guess what..Not a effin thing shows!! I dunno why such a fairly simple thing dont work for me!!!
Is the ip the only thing to be changed??

Tags
gstreamer, lets rock, video stream