Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Karachi, Pakistan
installed 0.9 on the internal memory and its running great so far.
But I have noticed that 0.9 is stuttering when I scroll across the screen as compared to 0.8, both were running on internal memory and at 900mhz core clock. Going to try increasing the clock speed and see if the interface becomes smoother.

Other then that em loving it. Thanks a lot NITDroid team.

Last edited by hussainmushahid; 2010-12-26 at 16:57.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
Be wary of the camera app, opened it and my sd [ext2] card got formated for the dcim folder Don't open camera app if sd is being used for other things

hello...

i've got error saying "root filesysem ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk1p2 NOT available! guru meditaion" etc... please help me...

thank you

i've got it... :-) thank tou...

Last edited by bigbatica; 2011-01-03 at 23:13.

I also would like to thank e-yes for all his efforts .. He's doing was Nokia was unable to do: provide an interface that would actually look not-old .. :P

Anyways, at first I used to really appreciate the N900, but now I'm just thinking of it as a weight .. There's enormous potential, but Nokia just can't seem to provide some good software for the N900 ... Anyways, I now know that my next phone is NOT going to be Nokia, no matter how good they make something sound ..

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I popped in a new 4gb sd card, installed the nitdroid-installer, and rain it. I had to do the partitioning steps manually, but other than that I have to say that installing a ported secondary operating system in dual boot on my N900 was far, far easier and faster than I expected. I have had more trouble installing Windows on hardware that was designed for it than I had doing this. So kudos on making it so easy to do.

This is really an awesome project. Even if I never get to make a phone call using Android on my N900 I say job well done.

On another note (and, perhaps, to start another flame war here), as cool and flashy as the Android OS is, I still felt like I was taking a technical step backwards from Maemo. Not because Maemo's technology is better than Androids, but because the technology that I get to play with is better on Maemo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Indonesia
it works great on my n900, except for sms sending and calling.. thanks 4 great works..

update :
sometime it can't boot to nitdroid. when booting there are some message :

kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init

what does it mean?

I used kernel final1.deb and kernel mido fayad, it looks have same problem

Last edited by matkamit; 2011-01-28 at 13:39.

whats the update on this??? when can we get a functional incoming and outgoing call and sms?? im itching to burn my n900 with this

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
When it will be ready...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
e-yes, just curious, is it actually possible or hopeful to get it all working within next 2-3 months?
or is it going to be extremely difficult and maybe "never" due to closed drivers?

When I try this I can only partially extract 0.0.9 tar then it sasy I am out of space. Root directory gets full???

Originally Posted by mido.fayad View Post
Quick how to :

download new version
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/...-0.0.9.tar.bz2

copy it to
/home/user/MyDocs

and also copy android kernel to the same directory from here
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitins...nal1_armel.deb

then open terminal and write the following :

assuming u will install it to mmcblk1p2 on ur memory card
and u formatted it

then write the following :