Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
you are chinese or hk?
I'm from the other city of HSBC... Currently living in London.

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Oh no, I forgot one more place to check for characters. Will be fixed.
Thank you! Please take time, no hurry. I will enjoy english songs first.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
hsbc ?
-via Meamo Talk app

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
hsbc ?
-via Meamo Talk app
HSBC - Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. A major bank with its HQ in London but founded back when HK was a British colony. Was recently fined for money-laundering for drug-dealers

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
@knobtviker thanks for the app, but the logo from the screen you put over the app when its running in background doesn't fit exactly the app logo so it looks a bit blurred... think this is something you could fix easily btw i don't even understand why to put another screen over the app while in background^^

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Moritz already told me about that. Will fix it.
That overlay screen is more than just looks. It prevents UI changes. Frozen UI underneath it saves battery life.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
If someone is interested, Symbian version is almost ready to release.

Could I anyhow pay this with PayPal?

I don't own a credit card (only Visa Electron) so it kinda sucks.. Can't buy this app

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Quite wonderful application, but I ran across a user case not covered well over the weekend;

If the network connection is unreliable during the "send" phase, the application seems to freeze, unable to continue or stop the sample sending to server.

This is a bit awkward, as there seems to be no way to make it stop and send the same sample again when network is available. Also, even when I leave the application open in the sending phase it will never recover, even when I get back full connectivity.

I feel it would be nice to use this so that when you hear something that you want to search for but there is no network, you could save the sample for later retry. That could be implemented so that when sending fails, user is notified and sample is stored to disk waiting for resending. There should be possibility of continuing to capture new samples during network outage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Such a thing is already implemented.
Called pending recognitions. At this point limited only to the last one.
Yes, you can abort sending phase if you wish by clicking the same orange glyph while it's sending.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Such a thing is already implemented.
Called pending recognitions. At this point limited only to the last one.
Ah, I did not know that, I am using the version from Nokia Store, 0.1.18 I belive.

Yes, you can abort sending phase if you wish by clicking the same orange glyph while it's sending.
Yes, of course, but I rather thought I would have liked to get information on a song I just captured, and if I abort the sending then I thought I would lose the sample.

Tags
shazam, soundhound