Originally Posted by AbelMN View Post
Could you please keep us informed ?
Seems to work ok, unfortunately it doesn't have any switch or led to see its
charge level, i don't know if i can charge the inside rechargeable battery
connecting it to an usb pc port, but i think it works.
I MUST find a rechargeable battery with VERY LOW auto-discharge level...
I have also Soshine Be One, very well built, pity it use AAA battery with low
capacity...

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by L0cutus View Post
Seems to work ok, unfortunately it doesn't have any switch or led to see its
charge level, i don't know if i can charge the inside rechargeable battery
connecting it to an usb pc port, but i think it works.
I MUST find a rechargeable battery with VERY LOW auto-discharge level...
I have also Soshine Be One, very well built, pity it use AAA battery with low
capacity...
Thanks, good info. I am still looking.

Originally Posted by n800gps View Post
Here you go.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5425100 for BP-5L battery
dude,

You can get that same battery on eBay for about $6.50 including shipping on eBay. I just ordered two from Hong Kong last night and with shipping the total was something like $13.50ish, for TWO.

{EDIT:}
Actually they are comming from Brooklyn, NY...even better!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=019)

It was the charger coming from Hong Kong...

{/EDIT}

The guys here pointed me toward eBay to find an external battery charger. Got one of those also, it came with a knock-off battery I am not sure I will trust. So not I will have a total of THREE (4 counting the knock-off brand-x) batteries for the N800 and a charger. And the extra batteries + charger cost me about $35 total with shipping.

So I think I am set...now I just have actually buy the N800...hehehehe...I know I do everything bassakwards. I had the extended battery for my NX9420 a month before I bought the laptop. Gotta buy based on the deal of the moment.

Last edited by brecklundin; 2008-02-11 at 18:56. Reason: clarification...

the ebay seller you link to is selling the bp-5l for
99 cents??!!

How can this be?

Has anybody tried out these batteries?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by albright View Post
99 cents??!!

How can this be?

I'm trying one just n***NO CARRIER***

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by albright View Post
99 cents??!!

How can this be?

Well, I haven't tried this particular companies batteries. But you know what they say about 'if it looks too good to be true' I recently purchased batteries from an Ebay outlet selling from China. I wasn't happy, left negative feedback and they then used hardball tactics to get me to remove my negative feedback. That is why the feedback for these big Ebay sellers can be suspect. But please note I am not saying that about this particular company since I have not tried it, but I doubt I will. You just have to look harder for the brave people who leave real feedback and probably get retaliatory feedback from the seller. One buyer did leave feedback there saying they sell junk. I believe it given my recent experience. Maybe you have noticed my thread ' Ebay battery seller threatens to sue me'?

Neil

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Judging by the pictures, I have 2 of these. They came with a desktop charger and from a different seller.

They are nothing special, neither good not bad. I keep them fully charged to use as spares when travelling.

Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
Well, I haven't tried this particular companies batteries. But you know what they say about 'if it looks too good to be true' I recently purchased batteries from an Ebay outlet selling from China. I wasn't happy, left negative feedback and they then used hardball tactics to get me to remove my negative feedback. That is why the feedback for these big Ebay sellers can be suspect. But please note I am not saying that about this particular company since I have not tried it, but I doubt I will. You just have to look harder for the brave people who leave real feedback and probably get retaliatory feedback from the seller. One buyer did leave feedback there saying they sell junk. I believe it given my recent experience. Maybe you have noticed my thread ' Ebay battery seller threatens to sue me'?

Neil
Well, bummer you had one of "those" sellers. I did too...but remember one thing as a buyer feedback means absolutely nothing! It does not affect your ability to buy on eBay. OTH, when sellers file UPI (unpaid item) reports on a buyer THAT will get the id booted in short order. You can see from the feedback I leave I have left several negs...all honest feedback because the seller screwed the deal. One was very unhappy with the ending price and claimed to have shipped then got the item back from the USPS, damaged, in under 24hrs...no way...seller got a neg and did retaliate. Seller did refund but it was just because he did not like the price and might have lost money on the deal. Not my problem as a buyer.

As for a seller threatening to sue. One is responsible for what one writes but proving a comment to be libleous is very difficult and expensive for the plaintiff. You are entitled to leave feedback of your impression of a transaction. If you are not happy with the deal then it's fine to say exactly why and what happened in the feedback. Now you cannot call the person a pedophile in feedback THAT would be liableous and actionable. Unless of course you can prove it.

As to the auction, everyone has their opinion but the pic shows the exact same battery as on the Walmart site. These guys make the profit by adding a handling fee which eBay does not take a cut of...he'll likely ship 1st class and make $2-$4 on the deal. But if he ships 200 items/day that is a nice living.

As for the feedback, electronics is a very difficult category to sell in...lots of the same sorts who drive places like this nuts with childish and just plain rude behavior. Many hardly know what they are buying.

A seller with his volume and a 99.5% rating in that category is outstanding. Other categories anything below 96%-97% is marginal at best.

The most common complaint people seem to have with this seller is not the quality of the battery but rather being shipped the wrong item. No excuse for that to ever happen. But even I have done that and I rarely sell over 100 items/mo. But I average probably 20x-40x (or more) this guy's avg total transaction value (with shipping & handling).

Ultimately it is a roll of the dice, sure...but if advertised as OEM Original batteries they must be exactly that or PayPal decides in my favor on a SNAD (significantly not as described) complaint. I get everything even the shipping refunded in the case of an SNAD.

That brings to mind something people don't watch for and that is a seller who puts the whole cost in shipping, as this guy did. If you return the item the seller typically does not refund the shipping, sates that in their listings TOS (terms of service) so they make a profit either way. This is bad. But for the price here I am not worried. SNAD does protect me as a buyer.

Also as this seller qualifies for the MAXIMUM PayPal buyer protection of $2000/transaction they must not have too many SNAD complaints filed.

There is much more to evaluating a seller then one single feedback among 10000+ feedback left. Sheer volume alone and the seller being an idiot and shipping the wrong item seems to be the only real problem.

Also, many of those negs are likely an attempt at "feedback extortion". Meaning a buyer will leave a neg then to get it removed via the "feedback mutually withdrawn" option, the seller will need to either fully refund on a perfectly good product or send a replacement or just blow it off if the buyer is unreasonable.

I have near as many transactions under my two selling ID's as that seller does...eBay is a place with some very insane people buying from you...and you simply must take into account the category and the types of buyers in each. Electronics attracts a different category of buyers with a very high buyer fraud rate when compared to other categories like I sell in...mostly antiques & collectibles where are a rule buyers are just wonderful.

Heck I am happier selling $1000 items to buyers in Russia & Ukraine then I would be selling in the Computer or Electronics category.

But we'll see what I get go from there...

btw, eBay is making significant changes to the feedback system over the next few months. One change is sellers are no longer going to be allowed to leave negative feedback...period. So no retalitory feedbacks from sellers anymore.

But that opens a whole other can of worms on the seller end...it's just an imperfect system...though originally you could leave feedback for ANYONE even w/o buying anything from them or selling anything to them...if you did not like a message they left on a board people got neg'd....so it could be worse...

Last edited by brecklundin; 2008-02-12 at 07:39.