Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Its not your problem - this is the problem i mentioned before about some styles not applying.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I've tryed it today for the first time, and wow, it is the browser for the tablet done right, light, fast, and even with inertial scrolling!
It is a pity it is still too unstable, but thank you very much.

I want to install the new .3 version of Tear, butIve been tryin to get libwebkit svn39572 installed with no luck. libidn11 installed fine. I tried installing libwebkit in red pill, I also tried the deb install and I tried apt-get in xterm. this is the error thats coming up when in xterm:

/home/user # apt-get install libwebkit-1.0-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libwebkit-1.0-1 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package libwebkit-1.0-1 has no installation candidate
/home/user #

dpkg -i libwebkit......deb

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Thanks a lot for this browser. I love the filnger scrolling... *microb just replaced*

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
dpkg -i libwebkit......deb
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I just keep getting no such file or directory when trying the dpkg -i command. This is what I tried so far:

dpkg -i libwebkit-1.0-1
"Cannot access arcive: No such file or directory"
"Errors where encountered while processing"

So then i tried typing in the whole filename...

dpkg -i libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb
"cannot access archive. No such file or directory"
"Errors where encountered while processing"

Am I doing something wrong here?
T.I.A.

Are you sure the file is in the same dir? You also should be root to install it. I didn't try, but it should be possible to use red pill mode to install it too.

Are you sure the file is in the same dir? You also should be root to install it. I didn't try, but it should be possible to use red pill mode to install it too.
I am root, but I wasnt aware that the deb file that I downloaded needed to be in a specific directory for the dpkg -i command to work. Right now I have the deb file in the documents folder of my filesystem and I'm at root in xterm at /home/user. I'm trying the dpkg -i command, but it gives me no such file or directory. Where shoud I put the deb file?
Thanks again!

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb

iI really appreciate the help. im getting there. heres what comes up when i run your command.

/home/user # dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 35139 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libwebkit-1.0-1 (from .../libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb (--install):
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/share/webkit-1.0/webinspector/Images/scriptsSilhouette.png')
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn39572-1_armel.deb
/home/user #

Does it matter that i never installed your previous libwebkit?