Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
not sure what you mean about finger scrolling. the scrolling areas seems to work ok, except my first point above.

password fields seems to be working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
tso: Nope, jump to link is still in my microb, running the latest SSU, 5.2008.43-7.

pronvit: Finger scrolling within the specified area works fine for me (again, except for the "jump to bottom" thing). Password fields are also working fine. I even noticed that the fullscreen button works as expected. I did notice that, at least on gmail, the scrollbars do show up. I suspect this has something to do with frames?

@TrueJournals

There is a file you can edit that changes the behavior of Microb's scrolling: Link vs Line vs Page, etc. It's in the Wiki somewhere, I'm sure.

Edit: http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...e_Key_bindings

Last edited by BrentDC; 2009-01-02 at 00:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Moscow, Russia
TrueJournals, yes, gmail uses complex page structure with many frames, topmost frame adapts to window size and there's nothing to scroll, and then inner frame have its own scrollbar which you see and which I can't control

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@TrueJournals: MicroB has dpad scrolling, but you have to hold the button down for a second/two to start scrolling...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pronvit View Post
allnameswereout, now I understand why it doesn't work for you. If it selects text instead of scrolling then maybe you starting outside of scroll region. On OS2008 website it doesn't work because there's flash occupying all page width and I can't intercept click/move events there. Use dpad. maps.google.com adapt to your screen size, there's simply nothing to scroll. And finally google calendar.. hm.. it works for me. are you sure it doesn't?
I'll try on some more websites, but I think the scrolling region might be the problem. I think it occured because the website scrolled from left to right (did not fit on the screen horizontally)?

In any case the scrolling region is not ideal. In almost all cases a user would want to scroll instead of select text. I suggest hw key + scrolling becomes selecting text.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
I suggest hw key + scrolling becomes selecting text.
ok, I'll try for example fn+tap/move to be text selection to see if this is convenient. in any case i'm going to make this configurable in next version.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, just dont forget about us N800 users

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pronvit View Post
ok, I'll try for example fn+tap/move to be text selection to see if this is convenient. in any case i'm going to make this configurable in next version.
Thanks. It might take some research to figure out what is the most user friendly way to deal with this.

I don't know how Fennec deals with this.

Safari on iPhone probably doesn't allow selecting text at all as it doesn't have copy/paste function.

tso, ou... really.. hm.. ok, I'll invent something and for you (n800 users) too maybe dpad center then?

Tags
browser, webkit