Notices

i need to stop talking to myself. anyway, i just did a "clear device" and "reset to factory settings" and installed a backup, and my seqretary calendar reappeared with all data intact. i guess this means that seqretary is being backed up after all.{?} cool!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
could be, maybe i missed a update or something.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
could be, maybe i missed a update or something.
have you managed to get rid of that alarm yet?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, it showed up again after a day (must have taken it as a "temporary" snooze or something) and so i was able to funny turn it off then...

A couple of questions about Seqretary functionality:

1. Is it possible to group Tasks/Contacts by a particular field as you would in Outlook/Korganizer (e.g. Category or Company)?

2. Are there any view filtering capabilities for Tasks/Events/Contacts similar to ones in Outlook/Korganizer (e.g. something as basic as a Category filter)?

3. SyncML or any other reliable and straightforward sync support?

4. Plans for Maemo 5 version?

If the answer is yes for all the questions - I could be looking forward to N900.
You'd think there'd be something that does the first 3 by the end of 2009...

The Following User Says Thank You to ppppppppppp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ppppppppppp View Post

1. Is it possible to group Tasks/Contacts by a particular field as you would in Outlook/Korganizer (e.g. Category or Company)?

2. Are there any view filtering capabilities for Tasks/Events/Contacts similar to ones in Outlook/Korganizer (e.g. something as basic as a Category filter)?

4. Plans for Maemo 5 version?

If the answer is yes for all the questions - I could be looking forward to N900.
You'd think there'd be something that does the first 3 by the end of 2009...
i would guess "no" on 1. to 3., don't know about 4.

Sad news, wesgreen. I just hope your "guess" doesn't come from never using Seqretary.

I remember trollo was saying he based Seqretary on Outlook/Korganizer - the only Nokia/Maemo PIM dev to make such great statement. However, not having functionality described in points 1 to 3 is a killer.

Not one PIM app (osmo, kdepimpi, gpe calendar, pimlico, mcalendar) provides grouping functionality!!!
Only kdepimpi does basic category filtering!!!
How can this be???

i use seqretary a lot in fact and really like it. opens fast, small footprint etc. trollo achieved his design goals, i guess. the recording function is really cool too, once you get the hang of it.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by ppppppppppp View Post

4. Plans for Maemo 5 version?..
My questions exactly. I could forgo calendar categories for multiple calendars, as long a some widget or today view pulled it all together. I gather something like that is planned natively, though it's not entirely clear. How do you read this:
http://maemo.nokia.com/features/calendar/

According to this bug report support for categories "was never planned or announced for this version, sorry"

Grouping, Sorting and Filtering are some of the crucial bits of functionality in Outlook(somewhat underdeveloped in Evolution and almost non-existent in KOrganizer).
They shouldn't affect the speed of operation.