Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
A light whitish-jade colour once water has been added.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
What do people think of a hard deadline for sponsorship requests? People who get denied sponsorship are then unregistered (so that they can register again, without requesting sponsorship if they still intend to come). We don't want to get to the situation where half the attendees drop out a few weeks before the summit.

As an initial suggestion for a date: no sponsorship requests will be considered after, say, Sunday, 6th September?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Agreed. In fact I'd be even more conservative.

I also hope that decision-makers will reach out to us candidates with questions regarding qualifications if there are any... prior to the decision deadline.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
What do people think of a hard deadline for sponsorship requests? People who get denied sponsorship are then unregistered (so that they can register again, without requesting sponsorship if they still intend to come). We don't want to get to the situation where half the attendees drop out a few weeks before the summit.

As an initial suggestion for a date: no sponsorship requests will be considered after, say, Sunday, 6th September?
I agree with a deadline, otherwise we will reach the max capacity of the venue, and some that don't get sponsorship will not come, resulting in some empty seats that could be taken by others

More ideas to avoid empty seats are welcome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Pistoia, Italy
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
I agree with a deadline, otherwise we will reach the max capacity of the venue, and some that don't get sponsorship will not come, resulting in some empty seats that could be taken by others

More ideas to avoid empty seats are welcome
very simple: extract a random people from all presents and he wins a Nxxx when it's out

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I also hope that decision-makers will reach out to us candidates with questions regarding qualifications if there are any... prior to the decision deadline.
Indeed, any borderline cases will have questions asked of them if felt necessary. However, with the previous list and the power of the Internet, it's pretty easy to check on people's eligibility.

I'm hoping to have the first batch of acceptions and rejections out in the next few days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andy80 View Post
very simple: extract a random people from all presents and he wins a Nxxx when it's out
N810's been out for ages! ;-) Nokia might even have some stock they want to ship. But a random prize draw isn't a half-bad idea,

I suspect the budget can scrape to £129 for a new N810, anyway!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hmmm... will this help or hurt my massive PR campaign?

I need to consult with my consultants.
Pro'ly not but I'm now prompted to propose a "No Sniveling" pledge be required by all applicants.

That is, if for what ever reason an applicant is not sponsored; any subsequent posts on this board from said applicant that bemoan that fact or contain sniveling, woe is me, "I'm taking my ball home and not playing anymore" type content will be deleted by the moderators.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Pro'ly not but I'm now prompted to propose a "No Sniveling" pledge be required by all applicants.

That is, if for what ever reason an applicant is not sponsored; any subsequent posts on this board from said applicant that bemoan that fact or contain sniveling, woe is me, "I'm taking my ball home and not playing anymore" type content will be deleted by the moderators.
Nah, no need for that. Let whomever does that continue to make an *** of themselves instead. Move all their posts over to the gallows.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post

On one hand my joking was probably inappropriate for the thread, but I do hope it's been taken in the spirit in which it was intended... just like any future sniveling.

Tags
summit