Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
It's already been explained to you what's different: Basically, just because the pins are in the same place and are designated as the same thing DOES NOT mean that they are compatible. Simply put, just because the same pin name is used for the same pin in the same spot on two different generations of chips, doesn't mean they actually do the same thing, and if they do, it doesn't mean they do it the same way.

Meaning, 34x chips might expect current into pin xyz to come at x volts, at the rate of y mhz, etc (I'm pulling the numbers and units out of my *** here). 36x chips might have the same pin xyz, but be built to have current come in at a volts, at b mhz, etc. Different electrical currents/signals, even if the actual pin designation/purpose is the same. SO when you stick a 36x into a 34x slot, the same pins might work completely, but most likely, some will be fed too much / too little power, or get signals at the wrong rate, and thus the entire thing doesn't work, or works in an unstable / half-assed way.
What are the differences? who has explained? who actually knows?

Just about everything you say is not true and if you even care to read the pages i listed you will see your wrong.

Stop putting argument forward and try to find out without guessing.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
"Easy to lift" is completely irrelevant in every context, not that it's actually "easy to lift."

And I know you have not either. I've heard horror stories on removing chips like this, especially ones from Nokia that come underfilled and in PoP format, from people who do that sort of thing regularly as part of their job. Costly reworks of boards after pulling off the chips, destroying multiple devices trying to get one that can even be reworked.
Your talking once again and know nothing of me.

How you know such things? let me tell you something.... any and every device on just about every Nokia Iphone has been lifted by ME very easily using the right tools for the job.

Go to China Taiwan or even Thailand and you will see just how easy it is, these guys do it also every day and is so damm simple.

YOU are obviously NOT a re-worker.

I am sick and bloody tired of knowitalls on here trying to tell people this cannot be done that cannot be done... for gods sake get a life will ya re-working only requires a heat gun and the knowledge on how to lift components.

Jesus will you lot ever learn or even listen ??????.

If you lift a component without scorching the pcb and leaving the solder on the board then the re-work is easy.

If you do not know how to use a heat gun without burning components and boards then leave it alone !.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-02-21 at 20:47.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I am sick and bloody tired of knowitalls on here trying to tell people this cannot be done that cannot be done... for gods sake get a life will ya re-working only requires a heat gun and the knowledge on how to lift components.

Jesus will you lot ever learn or even listen ??????.
Perhaps if you weren't so... rambling and aggressive in your responses (and perhaps had some evidence to back up your statements) then people would acknowledge what you say.

For all we know you're just making stuff up and spamming the forum :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Perhaps if you weren't so... rambling and aggressive in your responses (and perhaps had some evidence to back up your statements) then people would acknowledge what you say.

For all we know you're just making stuff up and spamming the forum :P
I have posted links here for everyone to see and how the hell do i teach someone how to use a heatgun on here????.

Your argument is invalid as you obviously do not want to read or listen to anything i say !!!.

This forum needs a reshuffle because is the same people always making trouble... wmarone tswindell ysss and is not going to stop is it !!!.

**** this i am out of here

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
F**K sake with the lack of support from Nokia is causing internal clashing and war inside the community of talk.maemo.org this is terrible. You guys supposed to be united as one as we all pretty much on our own right now. Nokia don't do jack shiiiit for us since PR1.3 so from now on we are the TMO warriors

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Let's come back to reality:

ignoramus: <says something arrogantly ignorant and incoherent>
the people: 'We disagree.'
ignoramus: 1) 'I am always right and everyone else is always wrong.' 2) 'Everybody hates me.'
the people: 1) 'No, not even close.' 2) 'Yes, now please go stand in the middle of the street.'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I have posted links here for everyone to see and how the hell do i teach someone how to use a heatgun on here????.

Your argument is invalid as you obviously do not want to read or listen to anything i say !!!.
chill out abill. Ignore these nae sayers. If you have a spare rx-51 board and processor i for one would be very interested to see your results! It'd be righteous, like double hacking the gibson!

I remembefr when the first eeepc came out, the 701. It had a **** celeron processor that couldn't be over clocked...till some bro in china re-worked the next processor model up onto his! Now the early eeepc adopters were into some serious experimentation, larger scfreens, retro-fitted touch screen etc! next you'll be saying I cannot add a digital compass to the phones I2C bus...

Everyone, re-work is easy when you have the right skillz. For all you know abill, although marginally nutz may be one hell of a technician.

The example with the pull up/pull downs changing from one model to the next, while a good example I don't think it will be a very common problem. (although i can recount a tale of a type of SPI fram chips drop in replacement actually requiring a different addressing structure) Generally, across familys of processors logic I/O tends to remain the same.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-02-21 at 21:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rulez, expensive brick, here's a quarter, just shoot me, lol @ abill_uk, playinwithballs, poosticks, random stuff, soldering competition, wtb: 1 omap 3630 chip