Active Topics

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
There's definitely something wrong there. If you reboot, does the calendar usage show up again?
yes, reboot it and after seconds appear again. the calendar is setup to delete items older then 2 weeks. could be that the reason?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
That sounds like a bug worth filing, specifically to do with the calendar app. Hopefully someone on the bug tracker will be able to talk you through troubleshooting it, e.g. uploading a copy of your calendar db and/or settings, so they can see why the CPU usage is so high.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
That sounds like a bug worth filing, specifically to do with the calendar app. Hopefully someone on the bug tracker will be able to talk you through troubleshooting it, e.g. uploading a copy of your calendar db and/or settings, so they can see why the CPU usage is so high.
world clock maybe?? after i removed 2 regions with only local battery seems to last alot longer than usual.

The Following User Says Thank You to hollowplayer For This Useful Post:
what? is this true? the less world clocks the longer the battery?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by hollowplayer View Post
world clock maybe?? after i removed 2 regions with only local battery seems to last alot longer than usual.
Should put in 24 timezones or more cities and see if it makes a major difference again.

Hi All.

I am new forum and N900 user.
Please tell me if it is really possible even in theory to increase the battery life to anything close to 9 days (like the tittle states) ?

My battery lasts up to around 48 hours on GSM, offline, mostly idle. It lasts for less than 12 hours when I access internet several times and make few phone calls.

I am trying to return the phone to the shop as my 14-days money back guaranteed period has not passed yet but I doubt if they will accept the return of a product that has been in use. So my only hope will be probably this forum and nokia updates...

Cheers.

Last edited by StormBlast; 2010-01-06 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by StormBlast View Post
My battery lasts up to around 48 hours on GSM, offline 99% idle. It lasts for less than 12 hours when I access internet several times and make few phone calls.
This thread is mostly about a bug in Wi-Fi on the phone causing heavy battery draining on some users. With that bug triggered a fully charged battery will not last 7 hours. As such, you likely do not have the problem there.

As for other things that use battery. Some widgets may increase battery usage. Specifically calendar widget seems to have a big in it that causes it to use a lot of battery in some conditions. Search the forum for topics about that. I haven't personally experienced it and can't help much there.

Signal level, both on 2G and on 3G, will affect the battery lifetime. And it depends a lot on the usage. Different people use very different words to describe same behavior. But I would estimate from your wording that there is something draining battery. But the problem isn't very severe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
I haven't read through the whole thread, so I'm not sure if anyone has tried this. (And I don't have the bug either, so I can't confirm)

Has anyone tried turning off the "Search Interval" in the WiFi settings?

(I didn't have the bug before, but it did seem to increase battery times slightly.)

Automatic search for wi-fi will use quite a bit more battery than the option that I use, which search interval 'never' plus 'always ask'.

Yes, the bug doesn't care about search interval or automatic connection. Even with 'never' and 'always ask' full battery dies under 7 hours if Wi-Fi connection had been on at any point. Simple searching for connections doesn't trigger it.