Active Topics

I posted this in the poll thread and I'll post it here too.
It's just a line, as easy as pie and you don't even see it when the cover is closed.
Also the chrome reflection is insignificant, compared to the strength of the flash, that spreads uniformly and outshines the reflection.
And if you guys wouldn't have told me I could have lived happily without the line ever after.

Sorry for the low quality but N900 happens to be my main camera.

...so much noise for a big nothing...

Last edited by Bec; 2010-01-26 at 11:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
I posted this in the poll thread and I'll post it here too.
It's just a line, as easy as pie and you don't even see it when the cover is closed.
Also the chrome reflection is insignificant, compared to the strength of the flash, that spreads uniformly and outshines the reflection.
And if you guys wouldn't have told me I could have lived happily without the line ever after.

Sorry for the low quality but N900 happens to be my main camera.

...so much noise for a big nothing...
so it's only the blue line ?

Yes, and this is my result in a dark room:

Before:

After:

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Yes it is worth fighting about - or at least, ensuring Nokia do something about it for one simple reason: those who haven't yet bought the N900 shouldn't need to fix anything - the fix should already be happening in the factory.
I'm not disputing the issue. I'm disputing the resolution, for defects, there are valid channels for reporting them. The kind of pressure described - open letters, blogging, etc should be used for things that cannot be achieved just by error reporting (like licensing issues, corporate stances, etc). Or did we have feedback from Nokia the cover is a factory level WONTFIX ? Knowing industry procedures, you might sooner get a black marker in the pack than a proper backplate

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Or did we have feedback from Nokia the cover is a factory level WONTFIX ?
No, the suggestion was to create a Brainstorm to discuss the defect amongst ourselves in order that Nokia could then determine a resolution (actually, that might as well be a "WONTFIX")

This was then followed up by the hope that something could be done in software...

Last edited by Milhouse; 2010-01-26 at 13:22.

I'll put it to WORKSFORME

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Here are the before and after shots I took, following the idea in comment 101 ( http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101 ) to just put permanent marker along the side of the slider nearest the lens.
Easy enough to do with the back off, I went along several times to make it nice and thick.

The top two are off the footpath in the dark, the latter two of the lounge floor under indoor lights. In both, top picture is before the marker pen, and you can see the blue haze, as well as the improvement !
Attached Images

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
I guess I will be doing the same then, that looks like a huge improvement.

Glad I helped out

the hazy shot are really bothering me aswell... maybe some official or 3th party covers could reduce hazy shot.

I was trying to find a topic like this the see if other people had the same problem, so somewhat I'm relieved but on the other side disapointed too since the camera isn't working like it should..

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate