Active Topics

ok so if I stay in 3G mode i can't receive call in france too ?

what is the name of the bug in crash reporter ?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
No-one on the mobile network '3' can use an n900 at all on any sort of connection other than wifi. I'd say that was a pretty big bug.
I'd say its a pretty big deal that its not working on 3 sims! 3 network offers the best deal on data in the UK and if they don't sort it soon, its a fair chunk of the market IMHO that could be pushed away.

....and fixing 3/4 faults in the first release? I seriously hope they do better than that!!!!!!

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
I'd say its a pretty big deal that its not working on 3 sims! 3 network offers the best deal on data in the UK and if they don't sort it soon, its a fair chunk of the market IMHO that could be pushed away.

....and fixing 3/4 faults in the first release? I seriously hope they do better than that!!!!!!

ok what deal do they offer on data?

most networks have 600-800 mins 500 plus txts unlimited internet for 20 quid;; not sure on 3, its a network i know nothing about- it gets really bad reviews
but this is immaterial the n900 should work on all networks.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
ok what deal do they offer on data?

most networks have 600-800 mins 500 plus txts unlimited internet for 20 quid;; not sure on 3, its a network i know nothing about- it gets really bad reviews
but this is immaterial the n900 should work on all networks.
I'm on a flexT type deal. £180 of credit with unlimited internet for £26 per month.
I currently have a 30 day contract on Vodafone due to the problem but for £20 I have only 500mb of data and 600 mins call time, which on this phone I could easily go over 500mb.

Originally Posted by Toufmag View Post
ok so if I stay in 3G mode i can't receive call in france too ?

what is the name of the bug in crash reporter ?
This only applies to 3 because the carrier lacks a 2G network, which obviously isn't your operator's case.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Ahh, you don't see the point about it running faster, smoother and more slick.
No, I saw that, but since it was completely abstract I had no idea what you were trying to get at. I guess some massive "catch-all" category, so you could be "right" when this is released.

In addition to which, I don't kid myself that issues like the 3 simcard compatibility is a 'small' or 'easy' fix.
You must not be a developer. Perhaps a development manager subscribing to the "1 month baby with 9 engineers" mode of development? There is no way even a big bug occupies more than 2-3 engineers. It is totally counter-productive.

And IF they are putting more than that on it, I guess we see why the development seems to be so slow.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by LazyFox View Post
2. 3G Video Calls
This feature improvement would push N900 to market top!

0. Bug Fixes
10. Improved Power Management
1. MMS Support
That should be a first-priority for first F/W release

Last edited by egoshin; 2010-01-09 at 20:27. Reason: misspelling

So, the first Firmware update wasn't all that some people would have it be. In example, it wasn't new. I didn't expect the app manager to get these huge category icons, for sure. And Nokia had prioritized some updates to partner company software installers. Oh well.

I hope someone had some of their bugs fixed.

Tags
limpware