Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
that was cause people started telling me y i didnt look at reviews etc , and i shuldnt have bought it if i needed those functions...

on most threads where someone doesnt like the phone, the conversations keep going forever... i agree a forum is for people who love the phone, i came on here because I loved it (at first)... But to test a phone and to live with a phone is different...

talking about different forums, I have been to loads of other forums, where people accept that the device(HTC HD) has got flaws (software n hardware), and try to correct it, rather than defend it ..

NOKIA APOLOGIZERS are rampant here. Rabid species. they cant understand why they hold less than 5 percent of US market

I haven't been here long but, please go away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
i have never stated the N900 does not have defects...there is a thread that was stating a hardware defect of the n900....
they were others about the usb connector being faulty.....if you came to this forum and stated that...i could fully agree with you...but to list "defects" that really are not...is my issue....prior to anyone having this device....mobile-review.com had a preview of the RX-51/N900...so if you were truly interested in the device....you ould have gone there.....then they were the bloggers.....by now as a potential purchase....one of the 300 reviews should have been read....
to the poster who said he wouldnt have checked for contact ringtones....this fact was clearly stated in many reviews prior to commercial release....nothing to do with fanboy-ism....all the downfalls of the device were listed....even one review stated" its a tablet with a phone app tacked on"....
well please have fun returning it...
by the way....the nexus one forum is that way -------->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertHall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SC00BY View Post
Three things spring to mind:-

1st One example of a feature that people feel is lacking is MMS.
This is currently being worked on here - fmms.

2nd In a sense I do agree that we should understand (as much as possible) what we are buying, all companies make their ware sound as attractive as possible - its all part of the marketing game.
I read lots of reviews, and new before buying that MMs and tones / contacts was not supported.
As neither of these were important to me personally (and due to open nature of OS, would probably come in time), I was happy to buy.

3rd Can we agree that you've made your point and move on
The thing is that Neither of these are a necessity for me also.. I have never sent a single MMS for over 5 years. (except by mistake a few times), and also Assigning tones to contats is not my type of thing.. I would forget that my phone is ringing...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Okay, what about point 3

The Following User Says Thank You to SC00BY For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
In my opinion, Underworld, you are able to see what's missing in the N900 and are not able to see what is there. It is like arriving in California in a covered wagon and saying "Where are all the damned stores! They told me there were stores!" Well, maybe they lied to you, but the point is that there is gold all over the place and you aren't seeing it. So, that just leaves more for the rest of us

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In my opinion, Underworld, you are able to see what's missing in the N900 and are not able to see what is there. It is like arriving in California in a covered wagon and saying "Where are all the damned stores! They told me there were stores!" Well, maybe they lied to you, but the point is that there is gold all over the place and you aren't seeing it. So, that just leaves more for the rest of us
I know its got loads of good features.... i am not saying everything is crap abt it... there is still part of me wanting to keep it, and get the nexus as well... - my biggest problem has been solved. someone pointed me to the app calles "tweakr" which lets u add profiles

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
my biggest problem has been solved. someone pointed me to the app calles "tweakr" which lets u add profiles
The End.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
NOKIA APOLOGIZERS are rampant here. Rabid species. they cant understand why they hold less than 5 percent of US market
Right and that has nothing to do with the lack of cooperation of the telcos in the USA or Nokia's lack of marketing and interest due to the telcos.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The End.
nope..... theres another thread in the maemo5/fremantle section just started.. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Tags
disclose before selling, extremism rules!, flamewar, here be ranting, learn before buying, misery loves company, never blame nokia, provisioning, troll, wgaf