i admit after all that waiting, you'd expect PR1.2 to be better. but i dont see anything wrong with the update. only see improvements.
recaller seems to be working fine with me. same with most other apps. except conversations inbox which doesnt show up but theres a new update that fixes that.
i had enhanced kernal installed but it crashed my ph with 850 oc and again at 800. ive uninstalled it since and havnt seen any problems yet. so maybe all the problems alot of people are experiencing could be related to the custom kernal

The Following User Says Thank You to z3phyr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Geneven i am convinced you talk bull just for the hell of it so instead of saying what your saying tell me exactly what it is you disagree with in that thread with the opening post because i fail to see your logic.
I disagree with the suggestion that more restrictions should be put on allowing programs to be made available in extras-devel. I disagree that there is a problem to which that is a solution. And I don't want to discuss it further here because it is not appropriate. If you want to discuss that topic further, feel free to open that thread and make more comments. This thread is on the subject of PR1.2 sucks!!!!!! and I don't want to kidnap it.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
As long as people check out every app etc they want to install prior to actually installing from users who have installed successfully without any known or unknown problems then they will have a lot less trouble with their devices.
It is all too easy to install something from the download sections of this forum because on the surface of the writeup it looks good.
I am not the kind of person to point a finger at any specific programmer on here that makes an app and gets it to the download section without proper bench testing because up to now this community does not work in that way as it does not have the resources it appears to have a dedicated team of app testers and the full os source code available with all drivers so there might lye the problem of bench testing apps to get them to download capability with NO problems.
Having a warning on apps is not good enough in my opinion simply because too many noobs will install these apps and then put the n900's into a loop situation requiring a flash.
Somehow there has to be tighter controls over apps on a forum open to anyone and everyone for download as it will make actual progression a lot lot quicker.
PR1.2 is a good improvement from the last update but it needs time to iron out the flaws and find the new bugs that come with it.
My opinion is that the OS we currently have is not solid enough to withstand random programming and is without proper structuring of a test bed analysis system for the os.
The os we have currently is a very basic one incorporating all the drivers needed to run the N900 and is not solid enough or structured in the right way to protect itself, hence why i think a proper un-install be there for any app (that means COMPLETE removal of all code) to leave the os as it was prior to install.
The proof this is not the case comes from all the users who indeed have to flash to get back to square one.
Damm Nokia for selling a device with such open structure to everyone and anyone on the planet because it will for sure as it is already doing so bring trouble and criticism to Nokia.
Nokia's biggest problem is time ! they take far too long to correct a software fault (such as ussd).
Finally i must say that the mix of general public (some act like yobs on here) and programmers in general is a bad bad match on a community.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
lol the thread author is as sucks as his thread title. you sucks!

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
rotflmao!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I agreed about night video mode...i try out night video mode...i thought it is SLOW...framerate is slow and i probably never use it and stick with regular mode with smoother frame rate.
no **** sherlock?

this just made my day...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So it makes sense to include a portrait browser but no keyboard? Please explain that to me because it makes zero sense to me.
you don't know how to click links?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

You need internet for an internet tablet, only if it lasts through the day. This n900 doesn't . I charge it twice a day with low-to-moderate usage. PR 1.2 and n900 truly does suck (not giving head u c**t). There is nothing which hasn't been said about it. As a loyal Nokia customer for over 10 yrs. I hope to God iphone blows the living piss out of Nokia. F****n ******s !!!!

My n900 has been on all day. Finally charged it. It's 3:51 am

Hi
i have problem with reinstalling (new install) a software on my n900. I am doing with nokia software updater. It stucks every time on 6,3 % downloading software. Where is the problem. I want to do that becouse i want clear install PR 1.2.
Help me please

Tags
hi! i suck, nice 2 rant you, spastic typing