Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Paris, France
fpp : the "O" key is now bound to the "open" function to respect the shortcuts under google reader. I understand you find this annoying but... few days ago there was no key at oll for this function so... But perhaps you have another suggestion than shift-O (a suggestion which is not "O" ) ?

For the title, you should better redefine the "get_title" method in the "maemo5/itemview.py". In the "__init__.py" you only have objects/methods which are "global" to all views, and in each view you can redefine whatever you want. And if you want your redefined method to call the original one you can use the "super" statement, but you may not want to for your case.

Frank Banul : this "bug" (which was not really a bug) is now resolved in the latest commit (for this, when the arrow is clicked i "move the mouse" away of the arrow)

Originally Posted by Twidi View Post
fpp : the "O" key is now bound to the "open" function to respect the shortcuts under google reader. I understand you find this annoying but... few days ago there was no key at oll for this function so... But perhaps you have another suggestion than shift-O (a suggestion which is not "O" ) ?
What do you mean, no key at all ? "Enter" is not a key ? :-)

For the title, you should better redefine the "get_title" method in the "maemo5/itemview.py". In the "__init__.py" you only have objects/methods which are "global" to all views, and in each view you can redefine whatever you want. And if you want your redefined method to call the original one you can use the "super" statement, but you may not want to for your case.
Fine, no problem, thanks... but the original question was, "how do I access the feed name of the current post when I'm in get_title ?"

If it auto-rotated based on that handset's accelerometer, would a key even be needed?

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Frank Banul : this "bug" (which was not really a bug) is now resolved in the latest commit (for this, when the arrow is clicked i "move the mouse" away of the arrow)
Indeed, the buttons are now a pleasure to use.

Sorry if bug is the wrong term, I just didn't understand the intended design.

Frank

fpp : i said there was no key for toggle orientation, not for enter

mavit : i know i know. I don't like how the orientation is managed in maemo, it's a sort of hack. It works by window and with a multi-window application there si a glitch. But i will add this again to GRead later, for sure.

Frank : no pbm, i noticed this "strange behavior" too, and now it's ok

fpp : i said there was no key for toggle orientation, not for enter
Before the last change there was already one, "O", which was fine. And "open" was "Enter", which is fine too.

Now we have two redundant, unshifted keys for "open" (O and Enter), and orientation has moved to shift-O, which is less convenient.

I just don't see the logic, especially as I don't use Google Reader on the desktop, because Feedly is so much better for keyboard navigation :-)

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
A suggestion for orientation. How about landscape when the keyboard is open, portrait when it's closed. Would work for me

Sounds good !

i'll look for this.

I've just added a tool to easily switch to whatever feed you want.
Just hit "shift-space" in a view (either feed list, item list or item content) and a dialog will open. Just type some letters of a feed, navigate with up and down arrows and select with enter (or click in the list) and the feed will open.

New trick in GRead : press "H" to display all available shortcuts (yes i know the font size is very tiny but it's the only way to display all shortcuts, and it's not part of the main UI so i decided it was ok )

Little reminder : don't forget than GRead work on desktop too (if Qt and PyQT are installed on your desktop, linux or windows or whatever)