Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@MohammadAG,
can you some how get the file installer.deb of Panorama from Nokia repository? I would like to keep it as offline installer

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I would say if this kind of thing is your bag, get the iphone 4, I have both Iphone 4 and n900, apps wise and UI wise iphone 4 is miles ahead of the N900, the OVI store is a joke for N900, it would have been less insulting if they just didnt bother!!!! But at the same time you cant even bluetooth a picture to a non-apple product without jailbraking, no flash for safari!!! But no-one can deny the iphone 4 is a slick smartphone. N900 is a niche phone, and is sooo far from mainstream, sometimes thats what is needed, but apps such as the one being described will only be pushed where the user base will benefit the developer (cash wise), so N900 will see so few of these, just be glad you got the angry birds!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I agree. You make some good points. I guess I should sell it quick then before its not worth much! To be honest the flash thing is the only main difference and the multitasking but I barely use the web on the handset. Its like everytime I do decide to use it when im out its slow sluggish n sometimes a new flash page wont open up coz it needs the update etc and the whole zoom in an out thing gets irritating. I suppose if your out a lot and are a blogger then the n900 is of value.
I need to have a good think about it I guess.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lHPX_iHKs

It's not smooth as this one on the video at least not on mine device :-(

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lHPX_iHKs

It's not smooth as this one on the video at least not on mine device :-(
same problem here. Even when over-clocked game doesnīt run that smoothly. I wonder why.

.edit
Iīm just Lolling to "Soon" marketing speech I bet that even Nokia (maemo&meego) employees are pretty fed up with Ovi sitsuation and they probably canīt do nothing to it.

not a bad game but not sure if it was worth the wait tbh

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
@MohammadAG,
can you some how get the file installer.deb of Panorama from Nokia repository? I would like to keep it as offline installer
Just install it with apt-get, then you'll find in in your apt cache (/var/cache/apt/archives)

Since it is no doubt copyrighted to Nokia, it would be illegal (in most jurisdictions) for anyone to redistribute it without permission.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
MohammadAG, Many thanks for the alternate download solution, works just fine. I'm a bit curious though what it did to my apt, did I get a different version and should I revert somehow to the previous one after installation?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
Yeah I agree. You make some good points. I guess I should sell it quick then before its not worth much! To be honest the flash thing is the only main difference and the multitasking but I barely use the web on the handset. Its like everytime I do decide to use it when im out its slow sluggish n sometimes a new flash page wont open up coz it needs the update etc and the whole zoom in an out thing gets irritating. I suppose if your out a lot and are a blogger then the n900 is of value.
I need to have a good think about it I guess.
But I guess we're back to the same thing again.We can't just keep considering the N900 just as a regular smartphone like the iPhone, Androids or N8. If you expect a regular smartphone I do agree, that the iPhone is probably the better choice (or N8, I've played around with my wifes N8 this week and it is just fantastic when connecting BT mouse, BT keyboard, a harddrive and an HDMI screen using it as a regular computer or 720p HD mediaplayer).

Personally though, even if I completely agree that all this sloppy work from the Nokia side (the Ovi store, the late or never implemented features etc.) I would still never trade my N900 with the iPhone nor the Android ones.
The reason is that I'm a probably that completely different user that the N900 targets. It is a REAL linux device, not only the core is built upon it but everything, even the tool chain. I have complete X11 support (even for forwarding over ssh), a REAL ssh client (and server), I don't have to rely on some proprietary java to port regular linux applications. There are also some fantastic applications there that I just love with the N900, "Knots", "MediaBox", "Wizard Mounter", "Mobile Hotspot" and all the retro emulators. Some of these things you can just forget about in that shiny-design-iPhone and some of them as well in those wetty-pant Android phones.

Everyone that nags about nokia should go Android etc., I wonder what they say one day when all mobile operating systems look the same, work the same and are governed by the very same dull company. That's when that chilly breeze starts to appear inside your pants. Even if the N900 hardware specs cannot keep up with the devices coming up, it still has the same value to me as when I bought it.

BTW, the physical keyboard is another good argument for the N900. Those virtual ones are just silly. They obscure the things you want to see on the screen.

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-10-07 at 15:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've uploaded a video about Rollercoaster Rush Jurassic on youtube.
Please subscribe to the new channel if you liked my old videos.
It's now the official meetmeego.org youtube channel

http://youtu.be/watch?v=_58jo0TnIOI

Have fun!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Just installed.
A few hickups here and there but running just fine @ 900MHz