Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Think so. Did you try if keyboard works at all by connecting it to desktop?

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
It says in the Bluetooth menu that Apple Wireless Keyboard is connected. I don't receive any messages when I reConnect besides "Disconnecting..." and then an instant "Connecting..." and then I am connected again, however nothing show up in Keyboards.
This is really strange, mine is Apple Wireless an all development is done using it. I am still waiting you for logs when keyboard is connected. And will you send output from lshal too (in same principle as dmesg log). And again - I need logs AFTER keyboard looks like connected.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I did try that some hours ago but funnily (not real) my bluetooth stack seems to be broken (Ubuntu 10.04 with xfce4 as wm). It tells me something about input not an available service. grrrrrrrrr
I nearly broke my desktop installation while trying to fix that and now I just deleted all bluetooth support from that f***ing system. Somehow I think that I am not bluetooth compatible.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
This is really strange, mine is Apple Wireless an all development is done using it. I am still waiting you for logs when keyboard is connected. And will you send output from lshal too (in same principle as dmesg log). And again - I need logs AFTER keyboard looks like connected.
Those are the logs after it looks to be connected, should I try again? How do I get lshal output? It says it is connected in the BT UI and in the extkbd UI. I don't understand...

Those are the logs after it looks to be connected, should I try again? How do I get lshal output? It says it is connected in the BT UI and in the extkbd UI. I don't understand...
Me too

Are you able to type from keyboard in xterm? If not then BT stack is somehow screwed an you can try following

1. reboot your n900 and wait until all is up again. turn on bluetooth
2. press just for a while power button on Apple keyboard. green led should light for several seconds and after that it shoud be off. If it start to blink it means the keyboard is not connected. In that case i would recommend to delete pairing and re-pair keyboard. after repairing procede with step 1.
3. assuming green len on kbd is off now open xterm and press several keys on keyboard. is there anything in xterm? if yes, then you should be able to see your keyboard in extkbd ui. if no then re-pair keyboard and proceed with step 1.

and you could get lshal output by typing in xterm "lshal > lshal.log" without quotes

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I'm getting mad! Now bluetooth on PC works again, keyboard is fully functional with every single key and every symbol .... but now it doesn't connect to N900 any more. Again error message "host is down". That was the point I have already been at before installing bt-hid-scripts. You are sure I don't need any of these packages?
I think I'm gonna give it a break now and try again later. I'm really getting angry now. (Not at you of course, I really appreciate your help, but when one part is fixed another one gets loose again, that's frustrating )

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Me too

Are you able to type from keyboard in xterm? If not then BT stack is somehow screwed an you can try following

1. reboot your n900 and wait until all is up again. turn on bluetooth
2. press just for a while power button on Apple keyboard. green led should light for several seconds and after that it shoud be off. If it start to blink it means the keyboard is not connected. In that case i would recommend to delete pairing and re-pair keyboard. after repairing procede with step 1.
3. assuming green len on kbd is off now open xterm and press several keys on keyboard. is there anything in xterm? if yes, then you should be able to see your keyboard in extkbd ui. if no then re-pair keyboard and proceed with step 1.

and you could get lshal output by typing in xterm "lshal > lshal.log" without quotes
I am unable to type in xterm with the Apple Keyboard. I got past step 2 just fine (paired) I tried repairing yet nothing happened when I tried to type in xterm, would you like the lshal log?

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I'm getting mad! Now bluetooth on PC works again, keyboard is fully functional with every single key and every symbol .... but now it doesn't connect to N900 any more. Again error message "host is down". That was the point I have already been at before installing bt-hid-scripts. You are sure I don't need any of these packages?
I think I'm gonna give it a break now and try again later. I'm really getting angry now. (Not at you of course, I really appreciate your help, but when one part is fixed another one gets loose again, that's frustrating )
You need to delete pairing on n900 and re-pair it again in order to connect, now it connects to your PC and refuses connection with n900

I am unable to type in xterm with the Apple Keyboard. I got past step 2 just fine (paired) I tried repairing yet nothing happened when I tried to type in xterm, would you like the lshal log?
If you cannot type in xterm means that keyboard is not connected, does not make sense to send any logs then. Try again to reConnect from UI. And what is the status of little green led near power button?

More logs...
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.log.txt (15.3 KB, 144 views)
File Type: txt Xorg.0.log.txt (4.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: zip lshal.log.zip (11.1 KB, 131 views)

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard