Notices

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
what type of connection do you use for updating scores? I just tried again and I can see you at 1st place but I still can't see my scores there.
For uploading I've used wifi connections and some expensive default internet connection my provider offers.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by insideOut View Post
@kinggo: I can see it works now for you.

EDIT: Whatever is the caption of the menu item, that option is on.
And still works
And about the menus....
When you start a game "reset" is grayed out for obvious reason.
But if you go further, settings-sounds-effects there are five options and you can't tell which one is set. When pressed, they do light up for a moment as confirmation but I think it would be better if selected option is slightly lighter or darker or whatever but different from other options.
The same goes for updating lists. If I understood correctly this game can be played off line and later I can update my scores. But looking at options I don't know which one is currently on.
This and sound effects issue are my only two complaints or bugs. I'll try to play a bit more on my GF htc hero to see if there is a sound effect issue but it's a lot more comfortable playing it on n900 with stylus then with finger on hero. Long live resistive screens.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Long live resistive screens.
Amen to that. I know there are inconsistencies across menus. I'm finalizing an update right now that should fix most of them. Sound volumes will get an indicator of selection, and for all others, "displayed-means-active" paradigm will be kept. List updating modes will now be togglable on a single button, so it's consistent (and to make room for additional options). Also, music should finally play on all devices.

EDIT:

If I understood correctly this game can be played off line and later I can update my scores.
And just to confirm this - you understood correctly

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
I'd like to, but I'm not sure how to do it or if it applies to our situation as the game has to remain closed-source (not because we're just selfish, but because of the high-score list and such systems). As far as I gathered, I have to submit source to the autobuilder system, and I'm not quite comfortable with that. I'll check what's the situation with Ovi store. I mean, it's in my interest also to make the game easily available, but right now I don't have the time, nor the knowledge. Former will issue will be resolved tommorow night or the day after, so I can work on the latter.
Like MiK546 said, closed source programs can also be uploaded to extras (non-free). Check you can see the instructions here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Uploading_to_E...ee.22_packages.
I really hope to see this game in the default Maemo repos!

The game is absolutely brilliant, I just love it

Seems like I'm the first to beat 30k points

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Indeed you are But beside that - good news. Update is here! Some technical fixes and restarting can now be less annoying with the new options under Settings > Updating lists. Also, seems I made a decent DEB now, it has an icon and permissions adjustment in its script. Try it out and let us know what you think.

Oh, and there's kind of an "easter egg" shortcut in the game - can you find it?

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
I just installed the new version. Menu layout looks better now. One question: it seems that in the previous version the final score was multiplied by 2, was it a bug or a feature? New version doesn't do that, so it will be rather hard to beat current high scores

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
Indeed you are But beside that - good news. Update is here! Some technical fixes and restarting can now be less annoying with the new options under Settings > Updating lists. Also, seems I made a decent DEB now, it has an icon and permissions adjustment in its script. Try it out and let us know what you think.

Oh, and there's kind of an "easter egg" shortcut in the game - can you find it?
Love it...
Could You give us a hint, where to find this "egg"??

I dragged the pause button to the left and the game was over

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Wow, i think i got your egg issue=)

Tags
bada rox, games, reverstris