Notices

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I don't know about you but I HATE it when a program sh|ts files/folders all over the place. I feel the best option would be for the script to simply put it's log files into the directory the script was invoked in.
+1 on this

Also, it would be great to put it into repos, when we'll get N900 optimized version (seems that's few fixes ahead).Unhumans & vi_, maybe You could become maintainers? I think it would be hard for ComaX to maintain it without owning N900.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-17 at 14:10.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
It should create /opt/tmp and operate there, however it still saves the results in /root. I'd like to make it saving the output somewhere else, e.g. /opt/yamas or/MyDocs/Yamas or even MyDocs/.documents/yamas for more user-friendliness; what do you think about it?
Yup, that would be nice.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
+1 on this

Also, it would be great to put it into repos, when we'll get N900 optimized version (seems that's few fixes ahead).Unhumans & vi_, maybe You could become maintainers? I think it would be hard for ComaX to maintain it without owning N900.
The script originally doesn't sh|t files all over the place, only tmp and root, which made sense under BT. But I must admit, given your configuration, it would be better to do everything in one place.

About maintaining, I would still be able to make updates and all (for dsn spoofing for instance, and other features I have in mind). But I would surely need you guys to help. After all, except from a few things here and there, it's not much different !

For now, I'll be waiting on _vi and torpedo version, then review it, change what I feel should be changed (shouldn't be much though !). And when it's ready, I'll upload it to Unhuman's blog (pcsci3nce.info).

I'm glad you guys like it and work that much on it ! Cheers

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by comaX View Post
Yup, that would be nice.

The script originally doesn't sh|t files all over the place, only tmp and root, which made sense under BT. But I must admit, given your configuration, it would be better to do everything in one place.

About maintaining, I would still be able to make updates and all (for dsn spoofing for instance, and other features I have in mind). But I would surely need you guys to help. After all, except from a few things here and there, it's not much different !

For now, I'll be waiting on _vi and torpedo version, then review it, change what I feel should be changed (shouldn't be much though !). And when it's ready, I'll upload it to Unhuman's blog (pcsci3nce.info).

The sh|tting everywhere is wrt creating a Mydocs/yamas folder.

I have made a first release, final copy of my modifications of yamas.

If there are no obvious bugs then this is as far as I go. Feel free to do with it as you wish.

comaX: add the terms 'Email' and 'Passwd' to your list of things to grep for!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
What is this?
Attached Images

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
No idea about this issue. Does ti happen every time?

I will update the script in the first post to /MyDocs/Yamas so that it doesn't suddenly stop when it reaches 1MB. Please test it in a few minutes.

EDIT:

Try it out
http://pcsci3nce.info/files/mitm_pcsci3nce.sh

Last edited by Unhuman; 2011-06-18 at 13:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Unhuman For This Useful Post:
let me know when is done pls

my script is working mint what new in the udate you just posted is it worth my updating ???

Originally Posted by comaX View Post
Yup, that would be nice.

Hi comaX! Of course I'm not talking about "excluding" you from script "production" for N900 (that would be hilarious, lol) - I'm just talking about strictly maintaining package in Maemo repository, which is sometimes counter-intuitive even for N900 users Of course I'm sure that You would get how it's going, but I'm sure guys here will happily do repos-side things.

Its very nice that You're so involved in creating N900 optimized version of Your script, without even possessing N900 - for that, I'm very thankful.

Anyway, I'm little confused about current "upstream" version for N900 - on first post is it vi_ modified, or another one? AFAIK You guys don't try to achieve different things, so producing 2 different versions in parallel would be counter productive IMO. Especially, that comaX would like to provide updates and overall check script for any possible mistakes - I think it's much better to show him one version, that incorporate both Unhuman and vi_ work (and other people as well if someone else contribute).

/Estel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
I just fixed a small 'glitch' with the place files are saved. I haven't changed anything else. I've been having issues with vi's current script for some reason. Anyway, comaX seems to be away from a PC these days so we just have to wait.

Can you tell us what exactly are these issues? Maybe vi_ or other experienced one will help fixing it? Less work for comaX.

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens