Active Topics

Notices

.8?! Version in the repository is still .6.1! Can you post the latest .deb in the first post for people anxious to update ?

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
.8?! Version in the repository is still .6.1! Can you post the latest .deb in the first post for people anxious to update ?
Which repository are you using?

- Fremantle-devel has 0.8
- Fremantle-testing has 0.7
- Nokia Store has still 0.7 but QA review for 0.8 is pending.

I can't find 0.6.1 anywhere any longer.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/xbmcremote/

Hi! I got xbmc remote to work, but watching movies is not very convenient with N9 when there is no stop/play/pause/menu etc. keys on the remote screen. Only arrow keys and couple others.

In fact I didn't find any way to pause or stop the movie with xbmcremote. Now playing screen seems to be about music.

Could you add those important keys to make this remote to be as useful as android remote.

Anyway thank you for the good work!

Originally Posted by stomper View Post
Hi! I got xbmc remote to work, but watching movies is not very convenient with N9 when there is no stop/play/pause/menu etc. keys on the remote screen. Only arrow keys and couple others.

In fact I didn't find any way to pause or stop the movie with xbmcremote. Now playing screen seems to be about music.

Could you add those important keys to make this remote to be as useful as android remote.

Anyway thank you for the good work!
Actually the NowPlaying screen should also work for videos and you are able to Pause/Play the video from there.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Which repository are you using?

- Fremantle-devel has 0.8
- Fremantle-testing has 0.7
- Nokia Store has still 0.7 but QA review for 0.8 is pending.

I can't find 0.6.1 anywhere any longer.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/xbmcremote/
I finally got the update by checking manually today. I was checking via settings -> applications -> manage applications -> update tab.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I finally got the update by checking manually today. I was checking via settings -> applications -> manage applications -> update tab.
Yes, it sucks that apps from store are not updated with the regular system updates. AFAIK Nokia is aware of the issue, so theres hope for improvement there.

All buttons in one remote screen is much better when watching movies. Like in official android XBMC remote.
http://code.google.com/p/android-xbm...e/wiki/Gallery

It seems android remote uses HTTP API for remote buttons. I made xbmc remote software for N9 using HTTP commands and it works great. Have you considered using HTTP for remote buttons? JSON API seems to only have those 6 buttons which makes it quite useless for that purpose.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
How to get to the control buttons in the video ? Like subtitle, video settings and stuff when there is a video in play.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
How to get to the control buttons in the video ? Like subtitle, video settings and stuff when there is a video in play.
This is currently not supported by the Xbmc API. I'll add it as soon the API is extended.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for this nice program!
For a long time I was not able to use it because I am an old-fashioned person who always navigates in the filesystem and therefore never created a library in xbmc.

But without having this the xbmc-remote shows no files also, the directories are empty

I just wanted to suggest that you mention this in the first post that other people can solve this problem too.

Thanks again!

CU Michael