Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
Add:

devicescape 1.1-37
Thanks.

Bun

Hello Bun,
I'm confused: the OS2006 apps at http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc/nokia.../binary-armel/
don't install (I tried bash, less, and ntp) when downloading the deb files, but bash and ntp do install from the repository. What am I not understanding about installing from debs and repositories?

TIA,
Buggsy2

PS Add

bash-m 3.1
ntp 1:4.2.0a+stable-9
less 394-4osso1

to your list of working apps.

Last edited by buggsy2; 2007-10-01 at 04:06. Reason: added less

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
Hello Bun,
I'm confused: the OS2006 apps at http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc/nokia.../binary-armel/
don't install (I tried bash, less, and ntp) when downloading the deb files, but bash and ntp do install from the repository. What am I not understanding about installing from debs and repositories?

TIA,
Buggsy2
Buggsy2,
Looks like that is quite a useful package. I am not aware anybody has a working version or post. Let us know what you find.

bun

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
where, exactly, do I go to find 2007He.36 for download? I have tried a few different search methods and have gotten nothing out of it... TIA!

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by AdonusX View Post
where, exactly, do I go to find 2007He.36 for download? I have tried a few different search methods and have gotten nothing out of it... TIA!
Quite often it is good idea to read first post in the thread :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
nvm... I checked the file I downloaded against the name that was in the thread... I already have it... :P

don't mind me... having a blonde moment...

If anyone can offer some insight on this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I flashed OS2007HE successfully on my 770, and everything seems to work well. I have attempted to install the python 2.5 runtime files, but keep getting the error:

"Application package missing: libffi4 (>=4.1.0-1osso1)

I followed directions, and installed both repositories for python, but it just won't install because of that file.

now I have seen in this thread that python2.5-runtime 0.4-12 is supposed to work with OS2007HE, but when I go to the site, the only version that is currently available is 0.4-10. I've searched everywhere for 0.4-12, and haven't been able to find it!

Does anyone know how I can get this to install? FWIW, I'm mostly wanting this so that uktube will work.

thanks.

New "SU-18_2007HACKER_4.2007.36-2" edition is out.
I flashed it succesfully with Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard.

I downloaded skype.install from the site and let the AppManager to load and install Skype. All went ok, but the application does not work. Only the SplashScreen appears for a while, then it closes itself.

Is there any way to make Skype work in N770?

Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
If anyone can offer some insight on this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I flashed OS2007HE successfully on my 770, and everything seems to work well. I have attempted to install the python 2.5 runtime files, but keep getting the error:

"Application package missing: libffi4 (>=4.1.0-1osso1)

I followed directions, and installed both repositories for python, but it just won't install because of that file.

now I have seen in this thread that python2.5-runtime 0.4-12 is supposed to work with OS2007HE, but when I go to the site, the only version that is currently available is 0.4-10. I've searched everywhere for 0.4-12, and haven't been able to find it!

Does anyone know how I can get this to install? FWIW, I'm mostly wanting this so that uktube will work.

thanks.
I have this SAME exact problem....! I am unable to install python2.5 in either os2007 HE or os2006. I've tried installing with xterm logged in as root as well, but no luck. I hope somebody can help us out with this. Python seems to be the only application I've had a problem installing.

I was able to get it to install on OS2006, but I noticed it doesn't like to install with certain repositories you might have in your application manager. It worked for me in 2006 if it was one of the first apps I installed.

but for the life of me, I can't get it to install in os2007HE. tried it right after a fresh OS flash, directly from the site, and also manually copying the files to the mmc card and trying from the device. Still not successfull.

Last edited by mike-y; 2007-10-03 at 19:24.