Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by eme View Post
NOKIA sorry - but you are crap
Too true, don't apologise though, someone has to tell them (even if they dont listen!)

Has anyone phoned NOKIA customer care yet (playing dumb) and said that their phone is broken as it's not playing 'tinternet videos' anymore?

I'm leaving. As immature and clumsy android would be (tried it a lot lately) I know I don't need a new phone for a damn software update.

Once meego is released and I see them quit the "no new OS version for your phone symbian policy" and offer shall we say meego 2.0 to their first meego phone I might be back.

But with this attitude... pfff good luck on selling those s40 phones!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Now, I don`t mind the N900 not having Flash 10.1, but today Iphone4 has full Flash 10.1 with the help of Frash!....Now this is the last draw....wake up nokia or else your customers will go bye bye.
Forgive my ignorance, but: How does Frash do it? If there's no official Flash build for iPhone, how open or available is the source?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
They replicate an android-like environment under iOS so it could run even though the binary is for the Android. I'm pretty certain that the N900 could do the same if some enterprising hacker with too much time on his hand put in the effort in it. Of course, there is always the question how well it would integrate with the browser (with stuff like cursor mode, etc). Still, currently Flash on mobiles is a monoculture - ARMv7 FroYo. Am curious as to where are the promised releases (or even alphas/betas) for BB, Symbian, webOS and the others (webOS would probably an easier donor-job than Android).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I thought that Flash for iPhone doesn't play video yet?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYVG-cKHPIE

1gb cpu, 720p video, flash 10.1....hm....it is interesting I will admit it, and I`m hardcore anti-apple

I think Flash 10.1 or the FREE OVI VOICE NAV are dead for N900.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
My favorite booby site just went flash 10.1 . ahh no more sites like that !!

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
<prediction>n900 will get flash 10 soon</prediction>

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I thought that Flash for iPhone doesn't play video yet?
It doesn't and theres no guarantee that it ever will. Flash 10.1 for MeeGo might be easier to port fully to Maemo and iOS.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update