Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
here is an example of were flash 10.1 is oh so badly needed....in firefox it asks for a pluggin which when selected does not work...in microb it works for a few seconds stutters then restarts stutters and restarts etc etc etc....this is typical of lots of sights i visit now....i will not use any fake methods so this is something i will just have to put up with i guess unless it does come to the n900

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...erview-warlogs

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
thankfuly for myself in the uk the guys that brought us tvcplayer have helped fill the gap for live tv.....but for media news sites i am getting blocked out now.

could someone who uses tweakflash test this page please and report back on how it plays please.....many thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
could someone who uses tweakflash test this page please and report back on how it plays please.....many thanks in advance

Version set to 10.0.45, sound works fine, albeit quite choppy video on the stock kernel.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
I posted this on Nokia Australia's Facebook post about OVI Maps

Me:
Where is the latest version of OVI maps and Flash 10.1 for Maemo?

I love my N900, it is still the best smartphone overall for me, but
Nokia, you are pushing me to go Android and forget about how awesome Maemo/Meego could be if it wasn't for the fact that your support sucks!
Nokia Australia:
Hi guys, we are checking with the Maps team and the N900 product manager - will get back to you once we receive an answer.
Me:
Thanks for your reply Nokia Australia, but we have been getting that response for months now.
I don't get it. The N900 was the first mobile where Adobe showed Flash 10.1 working, there are videos on youtube... unless it was all fake.
Nokia Australia:
Hi, sorry we haven't gotten back to you sooner re: flash 10.1 and maps, we're chasing to get you a definitive answer. We can however confirm that the video you saw of Flash 10.1 was real but it was a prototype. We will keep on chasing but wanted to flag that we hadn't forgotten about your questions.
So basically, the same answer over and over again until we quit asking.

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
I think it is time to "raise" our voices.
There is no direct answer form Nokia, that flash player 10.1 will be available to the n900.
Reading all the discussions over and over on the internet and the nokia support forums. I get the feeling that there NEVER will be a flash player 10.1 update for the n900.
So if Nokia think, they can ignore us we have to make trouble.

Every n900 user should write an email to Nokia support and ask if flahs player 10.1 is coming to the n900 and also when the update will arrive.

The last part of the email should be something like:
"On which way I can return the n900 to Nokia and get my money back."
I know, we have no direct chance, but simple asking this question should be a good way to show Nokia who frustrated we are.

One of the key features at the n900 advertisement was the flash player and "how cool it is". And now this device is "broken" I think.

C`mon guys.. Nokia N900 is suppose to be an INTERNET TABLET and not a normal cellphone.. The purpose of an Internet Tablet mainly is to surf Internet websites.. And now a days if websites use Flash 10.1, then that basic requirement should be provided by Nokia without which sites becomes useless.. Hence, this is cheating N900 users & may be we all should file a Legal suit against NOKIA !!

WE DONT NEED MONEY, WE NEED FLASH 10.1 !!!

Think about this:

When the cellular functions weren't perfect, we all stated that the N900 is first and foremost "an internet tablet." Well, the internet tablet functions aren't all there now. What argument stands up here?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't quite get the logic in suing a company over technology they don't directly control, they only deploy it. Can't sue them over not deploying it on your current handset... if that's the case, that will start a domino effect and obsolescence will ultimately have to be defined in a court of law.

And I wouldn't want that.

Nokia defined N900 as an Internet Tablet everywhere.. So there cannot be two ways about it.. I have enough evidence in writing from Nokia who themselves claimed for N900 to be an Internet Tablet.. It is obviously like cheating consumers where consumers cannot surf websites properly on an Internet Tablet.. And I also have a mail from Adobe stating that their binaries are ready, however it is Nokia who has to work on it to suit N900..

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update