Active Topics

Notices

The player doesn't start at all? If it does start, is it OMP or the original? Does anything happen if you execute the command with OMP already running?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
as for me, non player starts.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Possible reason for diviation:
Did you also edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service to have openmediaplayer start as default?
Like explained in the first post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Like explained in the first post.
Like in the wiki, to be exact.

I think this is what happens:
If you have the stock player there (/usr/bin/mediaplayer) and none of the players is running, making a D-Bus call will open the stock player. However, it has no idea what to do with "open_mp_car_view" and does nothing. Neither exits nor shows the main window, but it's still sitting in the background. Because of that, all consecutive calls will reach the stock player and there will be no visible effect, even with OMP running.

Try this way:
1. Make sure that the stock player is not hiding somewhere (execute "killall mediaplayer", for example).
2. Open OMP.
3. Call open_mp_car_view.
4. If it works, the above paragraph seems to be correct.

Conclusion:
You need to either launch OMP prior to opening the car view or make OMP (/usr/bin/openmediaplayer) your default player.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Sometimes OMP doesn't start playing automatically after selecting a song/playlist/video. Need to press play button. Only happening if OMP doesn't play anything.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMOIKANE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Sorry, it was my fault. I always had OMP as default (as explained in the first post) but I forgot to repeat it after a reflash few weeks ago.
That is, the dbus call was calling the original mediaplayer that has no car.view functionality.

Thank you for help and again, sorry for misleading info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Having a few problems with OMP occasionly, all are random and a cannot seem to reproduce them.

Please see attached,

First picture. This happens on opening OMP occasionly, it happened to me yesterday but also once back in May.
OMP opens but nothing in the main window works (play, skip etc.) also the text on screen is grey. This has happened with music in the default location and in my current location on the uSD.
Restarting OMP fixes.

Second Picture, has only happened once. I was using an application in portrait and switched landscape then opened OMP. The Now playing screen got stuck half way between rotations all functions worked but only restarting OMP fixed.

The last is the terminal output from a crash when I deleted a playlist via holding and selecting delete playlist.

I know there's not much to go on but I thought it best to post any issues with OMP so you are aware.
Attached Images

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Second Picture
Attached Images

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Last. Sorry couldn't get them on the same post under each other.
Attached Images

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I just finished the missing half (well, actually it's a lot larger) of the update from a few days ago.
  • Display cover art when listening to radio, if provided by the station.
  • QML song lists are kept synchronized with Now Playing (e.g. early open_mp_car_view does not cause an empty playlist).
  • Reconnecting a headset does not resume playback if it was paused manually in the meantime.
  • Ending a call does not resume playback if a headset was disconnected in the meantime.
  • Fixed frequent failures when trying to open an audio stream.
  • Opening a whole directory does not rely on Tracker, making it usable for unindexed files.
  • Improved reliability of metadata in the radio window and reduced the number of queries.
  • Fixed the address field not being filled automatically in the bookmark dialog for new audio streams.
  • Fixed a problem with starting playback when opening a whole directory in presence of UTF-8 names.
  • Fixed problems with starting playback after building a new playlist while in the paused state.

vi_, does the new version change anything in regard to AAC?

mase, streaming should go past the video window now, but I wonder if it's resuming correctly (it has always worked for me, even if the initial attempt to start a podcast failed).

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse