Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Send a mail to care@jolla.com (mark as 'bug report' or something) and it'll get to the right people.
@jolla care
Please have a look here.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Send a mail to care@jolla.com (mark as 'bug report' or something) and it'll get to the right people.
I have sent an email and silence. Seems little sense in sending more down the same hole.

Having said that I have sent another couple of mails and also collated my various tweets and issues posted here to carE@jolla.com

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-12-06 at 10:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
One thing about the UI that I find irritating (and this is mainly because I am an N9 user, is the swiping from the side when the home screen appears. I do this instinctively to get to the feeds screen, but of course it is not there. All I get is at ambiences screen. How often do you change the ambience? For what is such an easy motion to make single handed (far easier than swiping up from the bottom of the screen) why assign such a dull option. I think the notification screen (when and if it ever become useful) would be better served with a side swipe. (excuse the pun).
As a former N9 I understand you well and I tend to do the side sweep as well. Nevertheless, I think the event feed gesture is good as it is, because now you can access the event feed from where ever you are. Inside the apps the side sweep is already in good use and I wouldn´t change that.
Still, it would be nice if in the future we could assign at least some of the gestures ourselves + I hope the event feed changes to the one they showed in the demo videos.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Tweetian Beta for Jolla is out. Looking forward to its release.
Love this app.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I agree that Ambiance shortcut with side swipes is a waste of useful and easy gestures. One does not change profiles every 30 seconds, and Ambiance can already be changed quite easily from the pulley menu (which seems much more convenient for that).To me, it looks like Ambiance was chosen for this side swipe because nothing more important to the UI was necessary: core functions are already covered by the up/down swipes and the side swipes from application view.

What I'd lke is to use side swipes in the multitask view to show more than 9 apps. Just like the N9 has a vertical scroll in this view, the Jolla could have multiple pages horizontally arranged (with the Sailfish dots on top to indicate which page is being shown).

The maximum of 9 covers shown is an old concern about Sailfish and Jolla sailors have often argued that 9 is most often more than necessary, that they usually use less than that. They also added that anyway it's easy to see from icons which apps are open but not shown as covers (well, I'd like to see a screenshot of that by the way to see how the icon is altered to show an app is open but not previewed in a cover). Yet, the large majority of the videos we see since November 27th show Jollas with 9 covers shown. It means that people do use 9 apps simultaneously (or more), or at least they want to keep them open. To be honest I'm not surprised at all because I often have in between 8 and 11 apps open on my N9 despite its more limited hardware.

tl;dr
Give us horizontally arranged pages of the multitask view so that we can side swipe from it to show more than 9 covers. Ambiance may be useful, but not to the point to access it with the two most easy to perform gestures. Pulley menu is perfectly appropriate for it.

Yes, turning pages with swipes from outside the screen might be confounding considering in apps we turn pages from the inside, but it's definitely worth it.

Hope some Jolla or community dev agree, and find a way to achieve these two challenges: multiple pages in multitask view, and side swipes to turn pages instead of accessing Ambiances.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-06 at 10:46.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
One does not change profiles every 30 seconds, and Ambiance can already be changed quite easily from the pulley menu (which seems much more convenient for that).
This got me thinking... is there any way to put the phone on silent/beep only without going through ambiance? Pretty much the volume up/down that the N9 has and that you can do without entering your phone password.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
This got me thinking... is there any way to put the phone on silent/beep only without going through ambiance? Pretty much the volume up/down that the N9 has and that you can do without entering your phone password.
You have the pulley menu for Silence Sounds on the home screen. No beep mode. Then when phone is locked the home screen appears and you can use the pulley menu to silence sounds without unlocking. All other options take you to the unlock screen.

There is no "lock now" option, that would be a useful addition to the pulley menu, although you can pull the whole screen down that does not lock the phone is you have a time delay on the lock.

You can set so you can see notification when locked too. Swipe up from bottom displays them. If this is not set then the swipe up takes you to pin entry screen.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-12-06 at 11:34.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I have sent an email and silence. Seems little sense in sending more down the same hole.

Having said that I have sent another couple of mails and also collated my various tweets and issues posted here to carE@jolla.com
I am sure it make more sense to send bugreports to care than not to!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I am sure it make more sense to send bugreports to care than not to!
True, was having a truculent moment

3 mails sent today and 3 acknowledgements

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-12-06 at 12:35.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Deletion of email seems impossible. They do sometimes delete if marked as read first. There is not option to delete from server and mark all read is not possible. SO now My email is full and I can't spare the time to delete individual message.
What kind of email account are you using IMAP/POP/exchange ?

Emails deleted from inbox are moved to trash folder, if you want to permanently delete them remove them from trash folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience