Notices

I recently setup a dual boot on my N810, a simple, stable set of apps on the flash and my playground on the internal SD, I've been experimenting a little lately with simple tweaks. The theme is just Tritanium, I removed that waste of space navigator panel and put personal-menu up in the status bar to the left of the clock, also discovered telescope which is awesome. Not as tweakable as what I am used to (I use tiling window managers on my regular systems) but I can do a lot more than I expected.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliott For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
That...is an awesome looking desktop.

Question: How do you move personal menu to the status bar..?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Question: How do you move personal menu to the status bar..?
Copy personal-menu.desktop from /usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/ to /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/. Enable it in the panel configuration and then it functions as any status bar applet. Works with the task switcher menu too, that is switcher-menu.desktop, which I might have to use since some applications don't play well with telescope.

I had to change the icon, since the standard one is massive and doesn't scale. I am just using the full battery icon from Tritanium, since it is kinda menu looking.

I took the idea from the ThinkLinux theme thread, he did it with the regular application menu, which I hate using, so I figured it would be just as easy to do with the personal menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliott For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2010 @ belgium
here some screenshots of mine :

some expirimenting with fonts :

and this is the result on this moment :

need to do the rest of the control buttons of media player, picture viewer etc......

no need anymore of USSDpad or USSD widget :

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/the-croiman-psycho-iphone-makes-other-modders-weep-with-joy-env/

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wrong thread chief. *lol*

Nice screenies though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Thats right, Addison...You keep 'em honest.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Thats right, Addison...You keep 'em honest.
Rumours has it that Addison was a hallway monitor in school
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Rumours has it that Addison was a hallway monitor in school
<middle European accent>Show me your PAPERS!!!</middle European accent>

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
<middle European accent>Show me your PAPERS!!!</middle European accent>
Nowadays that could also very well be an Arizona accent....

Nowadays that could also very well be an Arizona accent....
Oh, now let's not go there. Its not any different than having to produce your driver's license when you get stopped. They aren't rounding people up...The way the law is written, if you get stopped for something else, you can be asked for your papers. Kinda like in most states, they can't stop you for a seat belt violation, but if you get stopped for something else, they can pop you for it.

The administration is torqued off about it because they want to give the illegals a free pass to skew the vote.

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots