Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Heyup Switch

I am told that if you skin a rabbit just right you can then sew the skin around your feet to make handy moccasins.

Where I come from we have lots of rabbits.

rgds
Nokia RabbitSkin ® moccasins would've been better plan than betting on Microsoft's continual - over decade long- failure efforts on the mobile.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Any estimations of how many people working with maps and related stuff at nokia. Where is the main R&D for this located?
Hq and most of the work for mapping data is based in the USA (former Navteq units). Map end user software stuff is centered in Berlin. Smaller units at least in Finland, possibly in other Nokia locations as well.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-01-03 at 14:34.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Interesting read: http://mynokiablog.com/2013/01/03/in...00-production/

So the N9 was running on the Snapdragon chip and the Lumia is really the fake N9 Elop seems to have scrapped it running on a Snapdragon chip so that he could make Lumia on it as well as discouraging a replacement of WP i.e. if Harmattan was running on a Snapdragon chip considering the limited availability of the N9, Lumia 800s would have been bought and had their OS replaced by many users...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The stock is up, bucking the trend. Could it be the Nokia catwalk

http://www.gsmarena.com/aluminum_nok...-news-5284.php

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Heyup Switch

I am told that if you skin a rabbit just right you can then sew the skin around your feet to make handy moccasins.
Hi uTMY,
Thanks for your invaluable advice, I shall hunt down a couple of rabbits forthwith.

As you can see below the city of my birth is extremely primitive. I used to wake up every morning sobbing wishing I'd been born in the world's one and only developed country

Take a look ;-)

@ Lumiaman

I was just reading TA's blog, I saw this and thought of you:
"Symbian was the bestselling smartphone OS in Latin America (which has more mobile phone users than North America) and the bestselling smartphone OS in Europe (which is bigger than Latin America); and the bestselling smartphone OS of Africa (which has more mobile users than North and Latin America combined); and the bestselling smartphones OS of Asia (bigger than North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia and Africa - combined)."

Here's something else you might find interesting:
"Nokia sold 103.6 million smartphones in 2010. Nokia GREW smartphone sales in 2010 by 53% from the year before. Nokia added 35.8 million new smartphone customers during 2010, compared to 22.4 million new smartphone customers added by Apple, 17.0 million added by Samsung and 13.4 million added by RIM."

This is quite an interesting blog post, it reveals Elop and the board new exactly the possible (imo inevitable) outcome of deprecating Symbian/MeeGo and adopting Windows Phone yet they carried on and did so anyway without even having a plan B.

Hi Switch

:-)

Me too, I used to dream of upgrading my cave but now that Lumia has enlightened me I have decided I shall be sticking with my cave as it doesn't have any ....

rgds

ps. I am told that if you put what comes out of the rabbit skins on something called fire it apparently makes something called food.

Last edited by uTMY; 2013-01-03 at 23:00.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
@ Lumiaman

I was just reading TA's blog, I saw this and thought of you:
"Symbian was the bestselling smartphone OS in Latin America (which has more mobile phone users than North America) and the bestselling smartphone OS in Europe (which is bigger than Latin America); and the bestselling smartphone OS of Africa (which has more mobile users than North and Latin America combined); and the bestselling smartphones OS of Asia (bigger than North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia and Africa - combined)."

Here's something else you might find interesting:
"Nokia sold 103.6 million smartphones in 2010. Nokia GREW smartphone sales in 2010 by 53% from the year before. Nokia added 35.8 million new smartphone customers during 2010, compared to 22.4 million new smartphone customers added by Apple, 17.0 million added by Samsung and 13.4 million added by RIM."

This is quite an interesting blog post, it reveals Elop and the board new exactly the possible (imo inevitable) outcome of deprecating Symbian/MeeGo and adopting Windows Phone yet they carried on and did so anyway without even having a plan B.
Thanks of thinking of me. The operative word is WAS,WAS,WAS. Symbian WAS the king. That same year Samsung and SONY ericsson abandoned Symbian. Why? Because unlike dysfunctional Nokia, pre-Elop board, they saw that Symbian WAS the king and it was time to run for the hills. Your little blog is another delusion.

Have you finished college or more advanced education?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20673..._platform.html

It's interesting that Elop joined Nokia at the same time, but unlike Samsung and Sony he chose WP.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Have you finished college or more advanced education?
I'm rubber and you're glue...
whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you...

Yes. I graduated college... despite my behavior.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm rubber and you're glue...
whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you...

Yes. I graduated college... despite my behavior.
U da man!!!

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha