I uploaded new build to my server. Now I'm going to test it on my N900.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Pali: TBH I wonder how you are able to build kp48 at all, having in mind that patches up to (and including) phys_to_page.diff are against directory kernel-power-2.6.28 while those from ext4-data-corruption.diff to the end of series are against linux-2.6.28. And different directory name is the reason for wrong checksum.

Otherwise looks like pr13 , kp46 and kp47 are using one and the same source in .orig file. Just root directory is with different name(for kp47).

So I would recommend you to rename kp48 .orig directory to kernel-power-2.6.28 and to modify patches from ext4-data-corruption.diff to the end of series to be against kernel-power-2.6.28. That way I think everything should be ok.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-08-11 at 16:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Today I tested building and inspecting kernel-power and kernel sources/tarballs. Finaly I undertood where was problem. I forget one thing, that SDK kernel package does not respect debian packaing policy (or use old...). But this was my mistake do not check all.

Shortly:
We have only 2 kernel tarballs. One is from SDK kernel package and one orig 2.6.28 from kernel.org. Both are of course different, have different md5sums, but it is same. Really same!

Unpacked SDK tarball, unpacked 2.6.28 tarball and diff has no output. So both sources are same, but packed tarball different.

Problem:
SDK kernel dsc (debian source) package using diff file which should contains only debian directory. But it contains included hard diff which patch also whole kernel.
And I always used apt-get source (which download & unpack & apply debian diff file) and then I checked directory. I did not know that kernel SDK package also containts hard diff, so where was problem.

Now I know this, I can use tarball from SDK with correct md5sum and belive that package interface accept v48 :-)

---

@freemangordon:
Prefixes in diff files in debian/patches are ignored. Quilt use patch -p1 so it is not problem if patch start with incorrect directory.

If you want to test building, now use only garage git repo (updated info in first post too).

I buided new deb packages from clean clone from garage repo.

---

In last today build I did not found any problem. I think it is stable. If nobody found problem I will push this version into extras-devel (and promote into extras-testing) is 2 days.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
@ pali

sounds awesome will be waiting to kernel-power48...please post a changelog once its in the devel repos.!!

changelog is on first page!

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
sorry my bad pali....was too eager for this version...thanks..seems really great work done by all involved in this...

@pali
I've been testing the new .debs since 22:00 GMT last night. Booted, charged, called, watched vids, browsed, used modest, csbwin, clock and a bunch of other apps.

No problems to report as of 14:00 GMT today.

when will it be available for normal users? can it play 720p videos and mkv files?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
pali loads n loads of thanks for your great work ,dude .hope soon it comes to extras .bravo !

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
pali's server is down, must be very busy!!

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou