Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I'll sit back and see what happens. Though its tempting to try a drive up the A30 to Truro if the update is there. I need to go to a bank, anyway.

I hope Wes is right about them combining the two updates - the last big one depended on the small one that preceded it.

will keep you updated, have to admit the flashing process so far has been very easy - wasn't expecting it to be so smooth and simple.

The question i've got is.... what do i need to do after to get the device back to the way it was! hehe, was strange seeing an empty desktop! - but my calendar and contacts didn't get wiped - wohoOo!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

i'm gonna flash mine and also flash emmc, i backed up phone settings, few other files and cities (for maps)

this is my new replacement handset so i have not taken pics or videos

i'm getting Suitable USB device not found, waiting on windoes 7 64bit, gonna try XP mode ( the usb logo came but screen was dim with "nokia")

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
i'm getting Suitable USB device not found, waiting on windoes 7 64bit, gonna try XP mode ( the usb logo came but screen was dim with "nokia")
Win7 64bit won't work properly, but using XP Mode within it (by booting xp mode, plugging the phone in into flasher mode, then assigning the N900 device that's detected to the XP mode instance) will work fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
just a thought...if they merge two updates as suggested will more space be needed on root to complete successfully or will the original 42 (answer to life,universe and everything) do ?

lol the irony of this.....
Developing an app to do a health check.... running it on the new firmware... ooooo my front cam has stopped working!!! lol.....
Good the app works... bad the front cam isn't!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by nidO View Post
Win7 64bit won't work properly, but using XP Mode within it (by booting xp mode, plugging the phone in into flasher mode, then assigning the N900 device that's detected to the XP mode instance) will work fine.
will i need to install pc suite or will xp mode download drivers when i "u" and connect USB?

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
will i need to install pc suite or will xp mode download drivers when i "u" and connect USB?
No PC suite is needed, the flasher tool includes the connectivity cable driver needed for the machine to connect the phone properly.
Install / load XP mode > download flasher tool > install > plug in phone with u pressed > give the machine a few secs for the host system to pick it up > select "USB" from the XP mode VPC instance's menu > tick the "N900 (Recovery Mode)" or similar device name > XP instance detects it, and if you have the flasher tool already loaded, will pick it straight up and run.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
woooop! just needed a new command. front cam is back a quality is as crappy as before!!

web browser is alot smoother too
Attached Images

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Don't panic, Kathy. I perfecly know Fargus' not a kiddie.
Hey, 'I resemble that remark' ! LOL

I am very much a kiddie, or at least exhibit childish tendancies!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update