Active Topics

Closed Thread
Can some one help me out? I have changed the permissions of /system/app and /data (777) but i still set out of storage space. Pls help.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by dan15 View Post
i can see there is a hard and good work for the N900, but what about the N810?
dj_steve said some pages back that the N8x0 project is put on halt for now.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Mhmm... I think the BeagleBoard has the same GPU. Correct me if I'm wrong. We only need the GPU drivers
Maybe, maybe there are more patches that optimize Rowboat for the Omap armel platform.

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Am following this thread with anticipation, i am more an end user, so wont be trying this just yet, one question I have is does using android on n900 affect streaming of say bbc iplayer, is its smoother on android as using a different browser set-up, or does it not make a difference?! also is android updated with new flash 10 version so this is a way of getting uodated flash player on n900? sorry if questions have obvious answers...
1. iPlayer for android might work on the current build of NITdroid, but if its slow or laggy then wait untill he gets hardware acceleration working. HW acceleration would make most apps work without any speed issue.

2. Short answer:Not yet. Long answer: The current NITdroid build is based on Enclair (2.1), Enclair has flash lite 4.7 or something (not sure on the version number) and is not as functional as flash 9 which is on Maemo. DJ_Steve has said that when he gets the hold of the Froyo source (android 2.2) he will begin to transfer his achievements onto this base, and Froyo has flash 10.1 as you wanted. Maemo will also get flash 10.1 sooner or later.

Any help on the "out of storage" problem?

Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
Any help on the "out of storage" problem?
Why don't you try reinstalling the files again?

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Why don't you try reinstalling the files again?
Again? So all I have to do is chmod 777 /system/app and chmod 777 /data rt? Anything else to get the app store installing apps?

Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
Again? So all I have to do is chmod 777 /system/app and chmod 777 /data rt? Anything else to get the app store installing apps?
I don't know. I haven't tried. But if others made it work without running those commands, there is something with your installation. Just replace the files on the SD.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Mine worked without the need of chmod'ing the folders, so try again. Also how is your card partitioned and how large is it?

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Mine worked without the need of chmod'ing the folders, so try again. Also how is your card partitioned and how large is it?
I'm using a 4gb card. One partition is 250 while the other is 3.4 gb.
you never got any out of storage space? plus what about typing? the easiest way to delete is use the onscreen keyboard?

Last edited by lifenexus; 2010-06-16 at 18:15.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
I think I have got a really big problem. I went through all the steps from post # 296 and after the last command it flashed the kernel, but the screen stoped at the point where it showes the Nokia logo and the symbol for R&D mode. If I take out the battery, micro sd card or sim card doesn't matter. As soon as I put the battery back in, I see the same picture. Power button is also not doing anything.
If someone knows a solution please please help me. I don't want to lose my N900.
I'M looking forward to your relies.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid