Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Live stream from Devaamo.

Its live right now.
http://devaamo.fi:8000/stream1.ogv
This is isn't live.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
Hackday are today... what do you think? will jolla show us the new UI oder give us some information?

They may give some QA in some way hopefully. check #mer-meeting at freenode

But I doubt they give any info about UI or device. Its more FOSS hackevent related than Jolla related event.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-09-08 at 14:36.

Smartphone is a dumb term. We are talking about mobile computers here, where telephony is just one function out of many.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
It's just gonna be some rasberry pi's covered in plastic and a screen on top.
Did anyone record the video from the hackathon?
I just scored 415 at html5test.com on Ubuntu using the Opera next browser. I hope they can bring that to Jolla OS since the OS'es are very similar.

What's funny though is when I went to atari.com/arcade (supposedly html5 based) and tried to switch between 2d and 3d it didn't work and when I select centipede it instead gives me another game when it starts. I read the page source and it has some kind of "if not IE 9" thing in it.

This QT5 rasberry pi video hypnotizes me
http://youtu.be/0j-Wakm5B84
Did Jolla stick a subliminal in it?

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-09-09 at 03:23.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
When it will be ready jolla os? some says that this jolla os is just a rumor, but i think jolla os is real and i was wondering when it will appear.I would love if the phone that will have jolla on it to be like the nokia n950 with the performance and hardware that we have on the new nokia lumia 920.

Last edited by ctl; 2012-09-09 at 07:18.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
t
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
When it will be ready jolla os? some says that this jolla os is just a rumor, but i think jolla os is real and i was wondering when it will appear.I would love if the phone that will have jolla on it to be like the nokia n950 with the performance and hardware that we have on the new nokia lumia 920.
If you read jolla twitter, they say it will be announced this year. Note that doesn't mean I will be released this year.

Keyboard still unknown but unlikely. Performance and hardware like lumia 920. Naah, doubt it. At least when it comes to camera.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-09 at 07:27.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Yes, i`m following jolla on twitter, i was thinking that maybe here someone will have some leaking news, s this means that maybe we will hava a device with jolla maybe early 2013 ?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Yes, i`m following jolla on twitter, i was thinking that maybe here someone will have some leaking news, s this means that maybe we will hava a device with jolla maybe early 2013 ?
Jolla can't commit doesnt mean it wont be out end-2012...no news yet as its all under wraps to prevent Nokia-style symptoms of over-promising and under-delivering...

Just be patient for their announcement to learn how much of good-Nokia traits they have carried over and how many bad-Nokia habits they have discarded

So the hackday yesterday. No intressting news from jolla? Just same old same old? Anyone visiting?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Hackday was a hack day, people showed up to talk about Jolla, hack on Mer and Nemo projects. Not an official press event, etc

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla