Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
btw, 80% full on rootfs is nothing to worry about. That's fairly normal. Start worrying if it's around 95% full.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i dont like how new version displays scripts, text needs to re right aligned/////
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
i dont like how new version displays scripts, text needs to re right aligned/////
Yeah I think so too. It's kinda ugly when it's left aligned.

EDIT: Maybe this could be a configurable setting for each instance?

Here's command to show your n900's Boot Count (apparently your device may not boot if that count reaches 48-51):
Code:
cat /var/lib/dsme/boot_count
All thanks goes to les_garten http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=401 and contributors of this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+count&page=41.

This may be useful for those who uses soft reboot to check MODs e.t.c.
Power off/power on should drop count to 6 or something like that. Each soft reboot will increase count by 3 (not by 1). For more infor read this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+count&page=41

BugHunter

The Following User Says Thank You to BugHunter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I saw 0.8 in devel today. Not sure what changes there are. Any ideas?

update: it seems to align the output to the right. nice.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-02-02 at 21:12.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I saw 0.8 in devel today. Not sure what changes there are. Any ideas?

update: it seems to align the output to the right. nice.
Yep.. also .I added almost all of the scripts from here to the preloaded commands. But note that the preloaded commands are only showed/added to users without any previous config file for the widget (~/.desktop_cmd_exec ). This is necessary so that users with old config files continue to have their scripts/configurations running ok.

If you want to see those cmds u should remove (after backup) ur ".desktop_cmd_exec" file :/

I believe 0.8 will be the one at extras after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to cpscotti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tasmania, Australia
I love this widget more than life itself. Truly madly deeply. My contribution to the widget is displaying the time in a given timezone:

Code:
export TZ="Europe/London" date "+%H:%M"
Of course, I have a slightly more complex version of that in a worldtime script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ $# -gt 1 ]
then DATEFORMAT="$2"
else DATEFORMAT="%H:%M"
fi

if [ $# -gt 2 ]
then TIMETOSHOW="-d \"$3\""
else TIMETOSHOW=""
fi

export TZ=$1
date "+$DATEFORMAT" $TIMETOSHOW
and then my widget command is:

Code:
echo "London: " `/usr/bin/worldtime Europe/London` " | Denver: " `/usr/bin/worldtime America/Denver`
I'd also suggest using

Code:
date +<formatcode>
is a preferable way of showing the date, rather than the date | awk script I saw earlier in this thread.

Also, word to the wise: avoid giving your widget a blank title. I did this as a don't-display-title hack. It worked, until I did two of them. Might be time to start again .

Did I mention I love this widget?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mjec View Post
I love this widget more than life itself. Truly madly deeply. ..........Did I mention I love this widget?
thats humourous and the rest helpful. thanks.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
oh thanks this has been fixed!!

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by mjec View Post
Also, word to the wise: avoid giving your widget a blank title. I did this as a don't-display-title hack. It worked, until I did two of them.
I did that too, since if I want a title, I'll make the command output a title. And most of the times I don't want one (if it says "charging", I know it's about the battery, and I recognize an IP address without putting "IP:" in front of it).

Removing the title made the thing get really confused. Rebooting made all the widgets change command displayed (apparently to a random empty-titled command), and so did adding or changing widgets. And they traded places (on the home screens), so adding one could make it appear on another home screen with another command.

Put a checkbox "Show title" in there, maybe? Or leave it up to the command output?

Last edited by Palleman; 2010-02-04 at 08:29.