Notices

Epic PinballAmazing smooth-scrolling pinball from Epic Megagames! You’ll be amazed that this 386 PC game looks and plays so well on the Nokia tablet!

Download Super Android table (shareware version) here.

Game Executable: PINBALL.EXE

Settings:
cpu cycles 1300
render frameskip 0
sblaster sbtype none
sdl fullscreen true
sdl mapperfile /usr/share/dosbox/mappercsa.txt
(read here how mappercsa.txt changes key mappings)

Note: This game can use the full height of the screen, so be sure and set it to fullscreen before or during the game.

Controls:
Left & Right Arrow keys – left and right flippers
Space – hold to pull down plunger, release to launch ball,
during game press to nudge table up
/ – nudge table left (suggest use external keyboard for this)
Z – nudge table right (suggest use external keyboard for this)
P – pause game
S – turn sound on or off
T – adjust tracking (smoothness)
Enter – turn score window on or off (turning it off shows more of the table)
Esc – quit game

Important!! – Before you start the game, run the separate program SETUP.EXE to set the soundcard to PC sounds or None. If you want Soundblaster sounds you’re out of luck since it slows the game way down and the sound hiccups quite a bit.

Important!! – I couldn’t get the game to accept my initials using the XKBD keyboard. I had to hit either the Ctrl or Alt key and then the Esc key to get out of the dialog. If you have a big ego and just have to have your initials in the game then use an external keyboard.

Positives: This game plays fantastic on my Nokia N800. The graphics are colorful and the scrolling up and down is smoo-oo-ooth! If you like pinball, you’ll love playing this and will probably want to get the full registered version with 13 tables and the Extreme Pinball pack with 4 other tables.
Negative: The pinball table is too large to fill the entire screen and has to scroll up and down.

DosBox Issues: Because the PC sounds are just a tad laggy, I have to deduct ¼ point off the overall score I would normally give this game.
Overall game rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

Last edited by Pushwall; 2008-04-13 at 02:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
New release. Fixed bugs, made few usability improvements, added simple help text (please post grammar corrections when you find them) and added the game download feature. The download process is a bit slow but luckily the games are usually small too. This feature added unzip dependency to RubyBox but unzip can be easily found from extras. Please test and report bugs.

We need freeware games though.
Wow that download feature is cool. With any of those downloads also in the database for importing settings you'd have the whole shebang with fast easy access to running DOS games. I like! If you want when I get some time this week I'll zip up some of those freeware games I tested for download.

Last edited by Pushwall; 2008-04-15 at 02:09.

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
Wow that download feature is cool. With any of those downloads also in the database for importing settings you'd have the whole shebang with fast easy access to running DOS games. I like! If you want when I get some time this week I'll zip up some of those freeware games I tested for download.
Glad you like it. I made few adjustments and fixed few things and made a new release. It's updated at post 109 at page 11. I also made an admin page to easily add game links to database. It's not pretty, but gets the job done. I'll pm you the address and password if you want to add games.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Sure pm me and I'll try and add all those freeware/shareware games I tested sometime this week. BTW, the zipped files need a game directory with the game data, right? (instead of just the game data)

The Following User Says Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
This post most likely goes out to Pushwall but anyone else can respond as well if you're feeling a little frisky.

I was thinking about having a second joystick mapper file.

It would treat the Dpad and buttons as though it were a joystick.

The thing is, Xkbd doesn't seem to appreciate pressing Ctrl-F1 to get to the mapper screen in Dosbox.

Push, since you have a bluetooth keyboard, care to do this favor for me?

Mapping the Dpad as a joystick might have a few benefits.

For one, it could have better support for some games that aren't working all too well with Xkbd or touch screen mouse.

Because the joystick has two buttons, you wouldn't need to keep making a whole bunch of other mapper files since the two buttons will always be the same.

Lastly, you can set the joystick to autofire which always is an extra welcome, especially when playing a game while drunk or when having sex with that special someone in the dark.

Yeah?

I already asked OSEmutech but haven't heard back from him so hopefully you or someone else can take on this challenge.

Thanks.

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease.

After mowing grass and all the yard work I've got lined up for this weekend, I'll hopefully have some time to give it a shot. Can't promise the results but hopefully it'll work.

After mowing grass and all the yard work I've got lined up for this weekend, I'll hopefully have some time to give it a shot. Can't promise the results but hopefully it'll work.
That reminds me, I probably should do some mowing myself this weekend.

My lawn is so out of control that I've even had a couple of neighbors stop by asking me if it would be okay if they could hunt in my front yard.

Probably not a good sign.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
That reminds me, I probably should do some mowing myself this weekend.

My lawn is so out of control that I've even had a couple of neighbors stop by asking me if it would be okay if they could hunt in my front yard.

Probably not a good sign.
I know the feeling, mowing my lawn is like mowing on a swamp so I do it way too seldom. And I like to keep it long to hide all the mole holes.

So did you get RubyBox running again? I think you might be missing one ruby-package, I fixed the dependency in the latest version, so installing that might help you solve it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
So did you get RubyBox running again? I think you might be missing one ruby-package, I fixed the dependency in the latest version, so installing that might help you solve it.
Yeah, I got it back to working a couple of days ago but wanted to keep quiet due to utter shame and embarassment.

Turns out that somehow I had installed the wrong version of Dosbox, the wrong version of Xkbd, and tripled that up with the wrong dependency for Rubybox.

At least I'm trying to hit rock bottom with my incompetence.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Solar WindsShareware Role-Playing Space Adventure

Game Executable: SOLAR1.EXE

Settings:
cpu cycles 600
render frameskip 5
sblaster sbtype sb2

Positives: Just played a few minutes of this, but I'm pretty impressed. It draws you into the plot right away. Controls are easy to understand and use. (disable mouse/joystick in the in-game config). If you're looking for an alternative to the immortal Star Control II (Ur-Quan Masters) this is one to try.

DosBox Issues: Might need a custom mapper.txt for N810 users.
Not for those with low self esteem. The game begins with an alien insulting you.
"KAA! The rumors are to be believed. The ugliness of you puny beings is more than repulsive. I needed to see for myself before leaving this system what your race looks like. Now I know. You are disgusting."

Overall game rating: 4 stars out of 5

(edit) This is available as an online download with the awesome new rubybox frontend. If you ain't usin rubybox yet, you are missing out!

Thanks to pushwall for the excellent game uploads, configs and descriptions.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-04-19 at 14:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: