Active Topics

Closed Thread
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
To stop this endless discussion:

First of all - overclocking your device is not a good idea if you got no 2nd device handy, the people telling it runs that "smooth" OC'ed - risk their devices but could try the community SSU instead - which "just btw" runs smooth on my own device. CPU clockspeed is not everything - my netbook has 1.6GHz and runs 720p movies - yet it has not fit my pocket or will get OC'ed to run 1080p movies...

razefox - you are sat with commercials by now, a commercial will always tell you "buy me" in terms of iPhone even "we have 40000 apps - buy me!!!". Have you had a look at the appstore of apple yet? Some dude had a deeper look and summed up that at least 2/3 of the apps are either the same or look alike others and he found about 50 apps usefull "at all"!
You have a N900 and expected "millions" of apps (there are actually - if you make use of easy debian) - OVI store gives you no love - why care about OVI?! maemo.org got all apps you ever "need". Short look at OVI tells me that I "want" firefox-fennec-browser and panorama; thats it - a quick look at nitdroid's android-market showed up 10 apps the same but was actually looking for a different one - very useful. Oh apple sells your location data as soon as you sync with iTunes, what Google does with all your data no one knows yet but you sync it all to Google servers so at least they have it in case of ... in case of they want to do something with YOUR data - both statements are true and a measure of loosing control over your privacy. All that is WHY I wont buy an iPhone or an android or a WP7 phone, I waited years for a phone like the N900 is (a tablet with a gsm phone integrated) with a proper OS (openmoko was a first ascend but far from properly usable for normal people).

I hope this helped a bit.

I close this thread now as people likely get more personal over time.

PS debian is a GNU/linux distribution running for years now - and will die the day the worlds come to an end. It's running fine on my desktop, netbook and aweeee maemo (ubuntu, linuxmint, and many others) is based on debian too so add my N900. I love to have ONE system to rule them all

PPS in terms of hardware - please show some respect to 18 month old hardware! Hardware is old the day it is released and wont get any younger.

Last edited by chemist; 2011-05-16 at 08:23.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread