Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ England
i had the same feelings until today! i decided to try dragging the sidebar panel from the left to the bottom and to my surprise it actually moved!
Wow, amazing! Moves on mine too... although there are a few graphical glitches and as usual a few on the menus cut off.

Still, a great find. Thanks!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by loki View Post
I send an patch for dpad rotation to the developer (jott, http://sse2.net/rotate/) and an own icon which fits very well into the other icons.

i hope he will include it in the next release. in the meantime you can request me via pm for my version of the rotate-plugin where the dpad gets rotated too.
i don't want to make it public because i want to avoid a fork of the plugin.

greetz
Was there really any point to another one?

That said, the idea of the icon and the fact you have submitted sounds good

i did all the step by step things , and when i flashed the kernel and rebooted my nokia stopped ... just stopped ... the blue text Nokia is just sitting there and nothing happens ... :\ i can't start it , can someone help me what to do ?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
How exactly did you do this? I did try to drag the sidebar to the bottom, but it doesn't move.

Which version of OS2008 are you using? 2007.50-2 or 2007.51-3?

I know that the position and size of the sidebar panel and the other hildon desktop elements can be changed via /etc/hildon-desktop/desktop.conf
But no drag&drop changes for me.
You first need to rotate the screen to the left or right. After that you should be able to click and drag it (you may need to click on the area below the home button). I'm running the latest OS2008 with the modified kernel.

It's hard to get hold of the task navigator panel when the screen is landscape, but you can find a few spots between applets and do it, once you know to try.

The key is to drag the panel itself, not an applet; much easier (as well as more useful) in portrait.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-03-24 at 14:37. Reason: tiny portrait-mode keyboard

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
It's hard to get hold of the task navigator panel when the screen is landscape, but You can find a few spots between applets and do it, once you know to try.

The key is to drag the panel itself, not an applet; much easier (as well as more useful) in portrait.
Thanks, now it's also working for me.

Originally Posted by PhoenixXx View Post
i did all the step by step things , and when i flashed the kernel and rebooted my nokia stopped ... just stopped ... the blue text Nokia is just sitting there and nothing happens ... :\ i can't start it , can someone help me what to do ?
That sounds dire. Barring some sort of diagnostic mode that I am unaware of, I think you will have to re-flash the OS. You can download the OS images from maeomo.org and the flasher from the Nokia site.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by PhoenixXx View Post
If you have linux, just reflash original kernel.

Wow! tried 21 grabs. finally it moved.

How can icons be rearranged in there? I can'tt use program menu now, its off scrreen to right. If it could move left, and be smaller text, it mightt fit.

I triedd editing /etc/hildon-desktop and restarting. had no effect.
PJ

Control Panel -> Panels -> <move stuff up & down> -> OK

Tags
angular momentum, quantum mechanics, rotation, weirdtags