Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Stupid question, but does the 'other' person need to have this installed as well, to receive messages? Or does it 'push' a message regardless? Thanks

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
And there I was thinking this will be our solution to Whatsapp'less......
Give it a try
We're bringing more features very soon!

Best,
Aleksandra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Stupid question, but does the 'other' person need to have this installed as well, to receive messages? Or does it 'push' a message regardless? Thanks
Hi,

indeed, both users need to have XMS installed.

Best,
Aleksandra

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Still doesn't work right.... Your efforts are appreciated but not many people I know use this app so it is near useless... Thank you for making it for the community though.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Still doesn't work right.... Your efforts are appreciated but not many people I know use this app so it is near useless... Thank you for making it for the community though.
We're going to look into the issue.

eBuddy XMS is cross-platform, so we hope you have friends on other phones who use XMS

Best,
Aleksandra

The Following User Says Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Aleksandra View Post
We're going to look into the issue.

eBuddy XMS is cross-platform, so we hope you have friends on other phones who use XMS

Best,
Aleksandra
For instance I resign in and it finds no one on my list that uses ebuddy, though a few do... Then when I try to link facebook friends it doesn't and just sits on the spinning squircle.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London / Porto
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I have to disagree might be useless to you but not for other people. Personally I made all my friends install XMS and they did it gladly...(the ones I talk to often)
And it's all beta anyway...in the end we should expect a fully functional app in every platform.

The Following User Says Thank You to H1777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Any difference between store one and the previous one??

New one from store did not have any problems loading Facebook contacts if any one cares for.
But I still do not see why XMS is better than Google Talk and Skype anyone wants to explain this to me?

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
New one from store did not have any problems loading Facebook contacts if any one cares for.
But I still do not see why XMS is better than Google Talk and Skype anyone wants to explain this to me?
Google Talk and Skype are both IM's - Instant Messaging Services

They will constantly stay connected to the server meaning as soon as a message is sent, it is received and so forth, this KILLS battery as there's ALWAYS data being used.

XMS is a push messaging system that only periodically sends and receives from the server, this means less wasted battery and the results is something that isn't as fast as traditional IM's but its benefits of reduced battery use far outweigh any downsides

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post: