Active Topics

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by babsiebabs View Post
I've installed NITDroid N11. I used the kernel from e-yes to do so (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...development.29). Works fine.

Now. How do I get the Maemo kernel-power multiboot entry back? Is this still the way to go: http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...r_installation

Thanks in advance.
Run in xterm as root:
Code:
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
flash player working but other videos are not playing ..
any help??

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Soooo, what did you do to remove NITDroid so that you will be able to do a clean install of N11?

I think I carried over bad data from a previous install.

Thank you for your time.

Well I have not done it yet as am still at work now. I think I will first re-install anything I think the backup hasn't restored then make a new backup. Then attempt an install of N11 probably straight over whatever is currently there, and see what happens. If it goes wobbly I will look in Midnight Commander and navigate to the android folders and just delete the relevant directories (not touching any maemo directories). THEN try a fresh install of N11.
Thinking about it. It might take me tonight to re-install some webOS games and the CSSU stuff that I didn't have in the backup unfortunately. N11 may have to wait until tomorrow.

after installing kernel-power i've lost entry in multiboot and got only maemo and maemo-power
could you please share proper entry and filename
cheers

edit: or should i just reinstall nitdroid kernel?
edit2: yes reinstalling kernel does the trick as it creates multiboot entry

Last edited by bald.eagle.one; 2011-04-15 at 15:13.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
would be nice to see some of the questions answered in here....page after page of un answered questions....i mean really whats the point of releasing stuff if no-one is going to offer advice or any help?

i have asked about 5 or 6 questions....not one clear response to any of them....

sigh!!!!!

i bet tho my post gets a few moaning complaining responses to my comments tho!

Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
would be nice to see some of the questions answered in here....page after page of un answered questions....i mean really whats the point of releasing stuff if no-one is going to offer advice or any help?

i have asked about 5 or 6 questions....not one clear response to any of them....

sigh!!!!!

i bet tho my post gets a few moaning complaining responses to my comments tho!
Maybe because you didn't read the wikis? Because you want to have things to work without any try from your side? Yeah maybe it's that.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Ok, preparing myself to be told off...
I've read through but must have missed it.

This is my first play with nitdroid and I like it a lot, mainly because I have downloaded the chess.com app - worth it just for that.

I'm fully aware that phone calls aren't working so I divert calls to my other mobile (T68i) when I'm playing. Here's the thing though, I've tried switching off airplane mode but it switches back on again straight away. I was hoping that txt messages would come through but obviously they can't with no phone signal...Have I missed how to get this working or is it not possible on this nitdroid version?
I have read the wiki but the solutions there don't seem to work for me..

Sorry if this annoys or has been answered before but we've already established a few pages ago that i'm an idiot.

Oh, and thank you very much e-yes for all your work.

Dan

(basically, I was playing with nitdroid yesterday when my girl texted to get me to meet her from the bus stop cos she had loads of shopping..I didn't, so got no sex)

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-04-15 at 16:26.

To get phone functions work you have to remove your sim pin (from maemo). If airplane mode is on run in terminal
Code:
su
rr

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
To get phone functions work you have to remove your sim pin (from maemo). If airplane mode is on run in terminal
Code:
su
rr
Anapospastos, I salute and thank you - that worked perfectly, didn't even need the terminal :-)

Runs very smooth
I have one problem though.
i Cant input apn. I get phone to work but no internet connection. ´When i go to apn its a blank list. Any pointers?

Tags
android, gingerbread, nitdroid