Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
okay, I did your previous directions up until "mkdir /home/user/msn", so I figured Id hop in the new directions at "dpkg -i python-papyon_0.5.6-1_all.deb", from /home/user/MyDocs/msn/.

My result:

Aegis rejecting python-papyon_0.5.6-1_all.deb:
Could not open debian archive
aegis aborting dpkg -- all listed package files rejected

Now can I assume thats because I dont have that deb file in my folder?

Cause I downloaded the files in the previous OP, which I assume are the same ones that are linked in the updated first post?

Last edited by slai; 2011-12-02 at 19:04.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Hi slai,
No the new files are different. You should have three .deb files. This way is much simpler and likely to be more compatible with future solutions.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
so me having done the previous steps is irrelevant, i can just start over with the new ones, no problem?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by slai View Post
so me having done the previous steps is irrelevant, i can just start over with the new ones, no problem?
Should give you no problems
Give it a try

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
After apt-get update I get this as the 4 last lines:

Updating desktop entries... Done
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource tempoarily unavailable).
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
/home/user/MyDocs/msn #

After dpkg -i python-papyon_0.5.6-1_all.deb:

Package python-papyon: File '/var/lib/dpkg/info/pythpn-papyon.postinst' not in digsigsums -- warning
Package python-papyon: File '/usr/share/pyshared/papyon/msnp2p/test.py' not in digsigsums -- warning
No digsigsums file
Setting up python-papyon (0.5.6-1) ...
aegis-installing python-papyon (from '')

A similiar thing after the python-telepathy deb and the telepathy-butterfly deb, warning about files not in digsigsums, and there being no digsigsums file.

But it works just fine, or so it seems so far, just gotta do the integration bit now to make it perfect. Thank you so much .

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Great! Will try it now...

If someone pack the whole into a deb file would be perfect. We flash the device quite often.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Australia
The new edit of the 1st post works for me now.

Thank you Bill & HtheB

I've noticed 1 bug.

The msn on my laptop sometimes registers more than one instance of msn from (PAPYON).

And if i sign out from just one (PAPYON) remotely, it logs off msn from my fone completely.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Sllik View Post
I've noticed 1 bug.

The msn on my laptop sometimes registers more than one instance of msn from (PAPYON).

And if i sign out from just one (PAPYON) remotely, it logs off msn from my fone completely.
This isn't a bug, that's a feature of MSN. You can log on MSN on multiple places at once. You can see that on your PC where you are logged in at the moment. You can remotely log out other instances. In this case, the Papyon is the Harmattan one

You don't get it.

There are MULTIPLE instances of PAPYON..

My PC msn is telling me my phone has logged onto my account 2-4 times simultaneously.

I'm also having issues maintaining a permanent connection [Network Error], my skype and facebook accounts don't have this issue.

Tags
messenger, pidgin