Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
Lucky for us exhange rate went up and as for right now 16Gb costs around 680 - 700 bucks...still not cheap, but cheaper than those ebay rip off's

The more I buy the better discount I get...obviously we are not talking about 100's... maybe 20ish for starters ?? is it worth it...we shall see
I do believe that you've become our possible Plan B.

I'll update the list shortly - there's been a few more people.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
i just found a company in chicago that said they would have a shipment from germany on wed.

16= 924.00
64= 1024.00

i think the USD conversion is something like 749.00 so plus tax and shipping, seems like only about a 100.00usd bump.

im not sure i want to spend 1000 on it yet....i did that for a couple of my 9 e90's. its a damned amount for sure.

why so darn expensive for our devices. i can get triumphs for 200 without activation.
Would you be willing to reveal the name of that company?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
heh at this rate the n9 will be worth it by just being a rare collectors item here in the US lol.

I hope something works out though.

I wonder how many people with the Nokia N950 would get behind something like this. Would they not really care since they're already covered?

Just wondering...

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I wonder how many people with the Nokia N950 would get behind something like this. Would they not really care since they're already covered?

Just wondering...
Not sure I understand the question. Do you want to know if n950 users will also want an n9?

At least one does: me.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Not sure I understand the question. Do you want to know if n950 users will also want an n9?

At least one does: me.
Yep. That was the inquiry. Thanks for the answer.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
What about that 196,742 square foot building they just purchased last year in California ? Perfect US support center..... just sayin
Would be perfect, but I'm willing to bet that's set aside for devices sold in this region. That currently excludes the Nokia N9.
Isn't that an office? Offices aren't necessarily used for support. They might be there for purely managerial, engineering and other purposes and have NOTHING to do with Maemo/MeeGo or even support at all. Having an office in a country doesn't necessarily mean you're going to do anything within that country either.

Take, for instance, the fact that they have this shiny new office.. but Nokia has NO presence to customers in the US (no stores, not even kiosks... nothing). Why would you assume they will have anything to do with customers from that office?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Nokia could be creating artificial shortages to enhance demand. Maybe they're learning from Nintendo...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA

Just wondering...
I have an N950, and still want an N9 so bad I can taste it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Just saw the first lot of adds for the N9 in Melbourne, Australia. I may be wrong, but it was during Prime Time, and quite long. I'm not sure that much effort (and most likely expense) would be put in if there were limited units (i.e. < 100,000), but stranger things have happened with Nokia lately.

@Texrat, agree with you regarding your comments about generating demand. It's in Nokia's interest to not say anything, the fear of missing out on the next shiny new gadget is a powerful marketing tool.

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop