Notices

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I did some research, and from what I can tell, the chinook version might work fine. Try installing http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo1_armel.deb then http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....5.0-6_all.deb .
Let me know if it works!

Here's the output from
dpkg -l libssl*

Code:
un  libssl          <none>           (no description available)
il  libssl0.9.7     0.9.7e-4.osso2   SSL shared libraries
un  libssl096-dev   <none>           (no description available)
Let me know if there is anything else I can get you!

Thanks, Tony

onhiatus: I am now 99% sure the chinook package will work. Install these two debs: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo1_armel.deb then http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....5.0-6_all.deb (in that order!). You should be able to install them in the application manager without any problems. If you encounter any errors, post them here, and I'll take a look at them.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
onhiatus: I am now 99% sure the chinook package will work. Install these two debs: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo1_armel.deb then http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....5.0-6_all.deb (in that order!). You should be able to install them in the application manager without any problems. If you encounter any errors, post them here, and I'll take a look at them.
I couldn't install the first package (so I didn't try the second).
Output:
Code:
Unable to install rdesktop-cli packages missing:
libasound2 (>1.0.14)
libc6 (>=2.5.0-1)
The sound library does not surprise me, libc6 missing does. I didn't get a chance to investigate. Any thoughts?

OK, then it seems I will need to recompile for the 770. Libc6 is most likely showing up not because you're missing it, but because you have a lower version than it wants (I'm thinking it's the same for libasound2). I'll try to compile it this weekend.

Quick question. Is Memory card supported? I never got this working on rDesktop - always came up with an error, but apart from that rDesktop works fine, but occasionally id like to copy from my NIT to PC (and vice-versa) but this doesn't work in rdesktop.

Cheers

BT

Yes, just check the disk sharing box for memory cards. Then on the remote computer, in "My Computer," you should see mmc1 and mmc2

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
I think I've found a bug. Somehow I deleted the first profile, which was also the default profile, and rdesktop wouldn't load anymore. I then installed gedit and load_prof was set to the deleted profile. I've changed it back and now all is well.

Thanks for the excellent updates to rdesktop.

The Following User Says Thank You to gultig For This Useful Post:
Oops! That would be a bug... I'll do my best to get a fix out tomorrow.

As for the 770 version, I didn't have any free time this weekend, so I'll try to get scratchbox for the 770 installed sometime this week...

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2008 @ South Carolina
Just a few questions from a upcoming newbie.....

At my company we are using a software package called Wonderware. It has an HMI that we access through terminal Services. I want to get an N810 to access this on the go....but I have a few questions, if you could spare a minute of your time.....

1. I currently use Cisco VPN client version 4.8 on my laptop. Do you think the applications: VPN-GUI and VPNC will connect to my office VPN...? They are supposed to even pull in the .PFC files from my cisco VPN client....but I am not for certain.
2. I want to use PyRdesktop to connect to our terminal server running on windows server 2003.....will this work ok....? And will it work with the VPN software above...?
3. Now the big question.....just give me your thoughts: Our HMI software runs at a resolution of 1280x1024, so when I connect into our terminal server, if I am on a monitor that shows that resolution, then it goes full screen. But if I log into the terminal server at a resolution lower than 1280x1024, it will cut it off part of the application. So my question is: Does the Rdesktop application give you scroll bars to move around the screen if the resolution you are connecting at is lower than the application is setup to display, as the N810 is only 800x480.

My work said they would buy me one, if I was sure it would work for me in the field......so I want to make sure it should work ok, before I have them invest the money.

Thanks for any help you can lend,

Steve
Steve.smith@agy.com

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop