Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Now that my machine is overclocked and that I read here you need to start the app a few times to get it going properly, I am willing to give it another chance.
My first experience wasn't a good one and perhaps I was a bit hasty because I removed it quickly.
The framerate was 5 fps at best and I couldn't see anything on the screen except for a few lines.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Now that my machine is overclocked and that I read here you need to start the app a few times to get it going properly, I am willing to give it another chance.
My first experience wasn't a good one and perhaps I was a bit hasty because I removed it quickly.
The framerate was 5 fps at best and I couldn't see anything on the screen except for a few lines.
I found it running better after installing from .deb than installing from repository.

First say thanks to this,Shuairan. It runs really well in my N900(which is bought today!). Actually this app is one big reason for me to buy a N900.
I just wonder whether the picture you attached in the first page is the real screenshot from N900. Coz I just found the Stellarium on mine doesn't has the colour of the sky, I mean the red colour of the dusk. And I've already enable the Atmosphere.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
awfull at first but works great now, this could keep me busy for hours!
thanks for the work and advice to fix the big transparent box

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Runs really beautifully on PR 1.2, but had to install from .deb file and get the missing packages through terminal, otherwise the atmosphere is only black and the writing unreadable. Will be using this alot this summer in italy....

The Following User Says Thank You to Smooth-op For This Useful Post:
Will there be a version in extras-devel?

Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Coz I just found the Stellarium on mine doesn't has the colour of the sky, I mean the red colour of the dusk. And I've already enable the Atmosphere.
Mine is the same as this, everything works fine and the program is awesome but the sky during the day is just black. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
Runs really beautifully on PR 1.2, but had to install from .deb file and get the missing packages through terminal, otherwise the atmosphere is only black and the writing unreadable. Will be using this alot this summer in italy....
Smooth-op,could you please elaborate how to make the sky coloured("get the missing packages through terminal"?)Thanks!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Smooth-op,could you please elaborate how to make the sky coloured("get the missing packages through terminal"?)Thanks!
I tried to install from the deb file but it's a NO GO , go into 'details' in the app manager box when it says it can't install and there all the missing files are listed...make a note of them all, go into terminal 'root' and type apt-get install libqt4...etc. it installs all missing packages then you can run Stellarium and the sky comes back

Will Stellarium be available in extras-devel with PR1.2?