Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
If you are just telling people to go away, take your own advice.
Uh. Wait, so you're going away? I'm confused.

haha, rootfs issues. someone who likes to ignore the warning labels and then still blame people when they get hurt.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
IMO, threads like these should be left to sit on the board but -locked instantly-.
Realistically, you're probably right.

I remember a long, long time ago - must have been at least six months - when the board was a quiet backwater. People could discuss the advantages and disadvantages of resistive vs. capacitive screens or virtual vs. physical keyboards. You could even use the term iPhone without having the dogs of war let loose.

Those days are gone. Too bad.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Uh. Wait, so you're going away? I'm confused.
Good point. I probably should.

Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
Good point. I probably should.
Me too, but I keep coming back. It's like NASCAR. I'm just here for the crashes.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
That reaction tends to crop up due to the frequency with which these threads pop up, and the generally accusatory and flamebait topics they open up with. This one, for instance, seems to suggest that those who enjoy the device are somehow delusional for liking it.
It's an intereting phenomenon that threads like this one, which does have an antagonistic title, seem to have a greater popularity in this forum than threads like this one:- http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=hate which has the antagonistic title, but points out why some people think the N900 is a marvellous device. 2 pages of love for 12 arguing about why people hate it.

It looks like if you want someone to read your thread, then you make it antagonistic, and you start an argument. People seem unable to resist, let alone leaving well alone and not fuelling the arguments.

Quite a community really, very partisan in shouting down the haters, but not quite vociferous when it comes to support.

(oh, and just as an FYI, I'm not slagging the community, on the whole the community is doing a great job of supporting the N900, just saying there's an interesting response mechanism to these threads).

Last edited by Freemantle; 2010-03-16 at 18:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freemantle For This Useful Post:
Whats with the threatening nature of this forum, theres no need to bait people who complain about the N900. Accept their opinion and move on. All it does it create friction and bad atmosphere in the forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kbeeveer46 View Post
Apparently you've never used the iPhone Facebook app compared to using the MicroB browser. Ever tried uploading pictures and tagging people in them using the browser? It's a pain in the ***. Having apps for certain websites make things much much easier. Or why else would they make them? Please stop using the "you can always use the browser instead of apps" excuse. I would but it makes me want to gouge my eyes out trying to do the simplest things. Facebook's website is not meant to be used on a mobile phone and the mobile and lite websites lack features.
i don't expect you to understand. how easily you generalized that i have never used facebook app (btw i own an ipod touch)

how about prsguitars.com ; get an app for that
how about cnet.com ; get an app for that
how about bbc.co.uk ; get an app for that

internet is not designed to be used like that. lack of hardware and software gives birth to intermediate solutions like apps for websites. Intermediate solutions are always temporary. Their target market is people like you who need assistance every step of the way. Unfortunately you are willing to get it shoved down your throat, rather than pointing out that it can't render webpages the way they are suppose to be.

Comparing facebook app to full blown facebook website is quite silly, just cause you have trouble using it.

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-03-16 at 18:46.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by cryox92 View Post
#Statement 1:U can use it,there is a mirror application.
#Statement 2:It needs video calls

Thx for the laugh .
OK, while you laughing, the simple question - where is an affordable phone with video calls on market?

I suspect you are a spy from XXII century...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by vgasmo View Post
I actually agree with most of the points you made... but i'm not ready to give up.
The most annoying things are the lack of navigation (got me lost a couple of times), the lack of games and the slowness of the camera...
Let's see how this unfolds on the next couple of months...
That is my prospective too. That's why I am not selling the phone. That is why I keep coming to the forum every day. You have no idea how badly I wished the n900. I desired it since the first video. I really wished it could be a great game changer. But after some time I see really little changes. The device it's still immature and there are still issues on basic functions. We can stay here debating how fast the camera app is, how good mapper is and so on but my point is that after 5 month we shouldnt be doing this on very basic app. On a mature system those at least are function you can rely on.
Then again if any other device than the n900 have had the same issues it wuould be a total failure... but the potential in the n900 is so great that it keeps the hype alive... but for how much? Will the n900 ever be the flagship and given attention/update or it is just a passing device leading to the next Nsomething?
C'mon the device still mostly rely on extradevel apps...
Anyway I undestand the people who flamed me because I used to react that way on the sight of a 3d like this.
Maybe the PR1.2 will really be the BIG one. I really hope so...

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax