Notices

I will just show my gratitute for this awesome application.
I have looking for some program that is easy to use and no need to have a desktop computer or laptop to save my numbers and you have made one.

I hope mine and many others donation will keep you to make these kind of fine tuned applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to ufoeke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Nathraiben View Post
Hello there, krk969!

First of all, thanks for your hard work - Buddy seems to be just what I was looking for, and I'm really looking forward to using it (coming from someone who's normally shying away from anything that has to do with finances and numbers ).

But right now I'm having problems actually giving it a try because of the German translation. While the application telling me to please register my matey gave me a good chuckle, most instances of the poor translation rather result in a big, fat question mark above my head.

I haven't found a setting to switch to a different locale yet - is there any way to do this without changing the locale of my device itself? If not, please consider this a feature request...

Also, while I have to admit that my business vocabulary is rather lacking (again, I'm a bit of a finance-o-phobic), I could still try to provide some native translation. I'd be happy to help out with that, all I'd need would be the English .ts file.

Again, thanks for providing what looks like a real high-quality application!
the "register your matey" gave me a chuckle too.
I didnt know the translation which I took from google would be so awful . But really it was a nightmare for me to translate to all languages with google translate. I appreciate you trying to help with it. Will send you the ts file if I have your email or I can attach it here.

Currently buddy is tied to the locale of the phone , I had somebody else asking me the same feature to be able to have buddy in english by default option so inspite of the locale english version is available. I will include this in the next release with a few more enhancements as requested earlier by other users.

Thanks.
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Last edited by krk969; 2010-07-08 at 11:47.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
the "register your matey" gave me a chuckle too.
I didnt know the translation which I took from google would be so awful . But really it was a nightmare for me to translate to all languages with google translate. I appreciate you trying to help with it. Will send you the ts file if I have your email or I can attach it here.

Currently buddy is tied to the locale of the phone , I had somebody else asking me the same feature to be able to have buddy in english by default option so inspite of the locale english version is available. I will include this in the next release with a few more enhancements as requested earlier by other users.

Thanks.
Buddy is great.

I have a suggestion......which I am also going to make to the maker of StockThis.

Why donīt the two of you get to gether and make a killer financial app.

What Buddy does and StockThis could benefit from:
- Log financial transactions, sum them up and build graphs over time

What StockThis does and Buddy could benefit from:
- Quiz Yahoo finance by trackers for stock holdings, mutual funds etc.

What I am imagining with those two combined is that I could have my 401K mutual funds listed, as well as what I own in each, at what market price I bought it (and perhaps the date).

The application would then query yahoo finance and calculate how much of a yearly gain/loss or total gain/loss I was in on each particular fund, and even able to summarize up my work 401K holdings, my wifeīs 401K holdings, my sonīs savings etc through creating different accounts a-la Buddy

I canīt make it happen, although itīd be great to be able to program this, my 70 hour workweeks donīt allow for much time to finish a program like this. It wouldnīt be done ītill 2012, which is sort of late.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Buddy is great.

I have a suggestion......which I am also going to make to the maker of StockThis.

Why donīt the two of you get to gether and make a killer financial app.

What Buddy does and StockThis could benefit from:
- Log financial transactions, sum them up and build graphs over time

What StockThis does and Buddy could benefit from:
- Quiz Yahoo finance by trackers for stock holdings, mutual funds etc.

What I am imagining with those two combined is that I could have my 401K mutual funds listed, as well as what I own in each, at what market price I bought it (and perhaps the date).

The application would then query yahoo finance and calculate how much of a yearly gain/loss or total gain/loss I was in on each particular fund, and even able to summarize up my work 401K holdings, my wifeīs 401K holdings, my sonīs savings etc through creating different accounts a-la Buddy

I canīt make it happen, although itīd be great to be able to program this, my 70 hour workweeks donīt allow for much time to finish a program like this. It wouldnīt be done ītill 2012, which is sort of late.

very nice idea indeed olighak, to have your investments also listed in your budget/expense records.

I will keep this in mind whenever Im back in business here. ( hopefully not very long now ). I will be getting back to you after my study on how feasible it would be to combine this functionality.
For the time being Im going through a rough phase and not able to spend as much time as I wish to, but I have noted this down with the other enhancements.

thanks for this nice suggestion !

Last edited by krk969; 2010-07-25 at 06:50.

Thanks for such a nice application.....Looking forward to use it.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Kechit For This Useful Post:
krk969,
Thanks For this application. I am going to use it and will definitely donate if it works for me. It looks great though!!!
Thanks again for great app.

The Following User Says Thank You to DreamLand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Italy
krk969 many Thanks for this application!!!
If you want, i can translate your program in italian...

The Following User Says Thank You to Natan_xy For This Useful Post:
how do i delete a specific budget/expense category...or how do i modify the budget i set...i accidentaly entered 3200 instead of 320

Originally Posted by snowman View Post
how do i delete a specific budget/expense category...or how do i modify the budget i set...i accidentaly entered 3200 instead of 320
http://buddy.passiongarage.co.uk/detail1.html

as mentioned in the link above ( under selection ), you can edit it by double clicking on the entry.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-08-31 at 20:57.

Originally Posted by krk969 View Post

It started of as a simple application to manage expenses and budgets in a list and show some totals.
One thing led to another and it inspired me to incorporate more features to help manage budgets and expenses , show graphical reports and to create/restore backups.

Ive put in some sincere effort to keep the usage simple and generic to suit anybody's use, but Im happy to hear if it doesnt, we could work something out.
I simply loved doing the graphs, i hope you enjoy as much using them.

Buddy's website http://buddy.passiongarage.co.uk contains all the information you need to see how the app looks and functions.
If you have further questions you can get back to me using the contact/feedback sections or even here.

As always comments and feedback welcome, I'd be happy to take them at buddy's own site. ( and no you dont need any account there to throw in your feedback/comments or bugs )

Buddy is available to download via a link to the maemo repository @ buddy's download section in the website or you could get it from the application manager on the phone if you have extras-devel enabled.

Thanks for the feedback and taking a look.

P.S : just to let you know this is not a beta version and Ive released it as a finished application. Ive tested this for days now and found no known issues. Although Im happy to hear and fix any through the bug section.

Note :
* the app does not require you to enter any personal financial details like bank accounts or card numbers,
* the app can run offline, it does not need an internet connection.
* buddy now supports english, german, spanish, dutch, finnish, arabic and russian languages.
Thank you very much for this app, this is awesome i've been looking some app like this until i gave up, and now this, is just awesome thaks

Already registered my copy

Last edited by CYPHERC; 2010-09-01 at 00:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to CYPHERC For This Useful Post:

Tags
budget manager, budget planner, expense manager, money manager