Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just updated to 0.4.5 beta and I have noticed that under "All notebooks" there is a rogue note - the main list shows there should be 20 notes but there are 21 being listed (either Grid or List view). It's blank and dated:

1/1/70 1:0 AM

Opening it to view shows "Unknown notebook" "No tags" and still blank.

I tried a sync and it doesn't appear to get sent to any other client so it must be a local issue. I'm hesitant to delete it for now in case it causes problems and in case you want anything from me.

FYI seems you have a formatting problem as 0 minutes isn't being shown as 00 i.e. 1.0 not 1.00, and it should also respect the time format set for the phone, so the above would be "01/01/70 01:00" for "DD/MM/YY HH:MM" (24HR)

Still, thanks for sorting the thumbnail cache issue from before - Qvernote is shaping up nicely

The empty note is a bug from the older qvernote version, you can safely delete it, and it will live in Trash window forever (it will not be synchronized to Evernote, therefore you will not be able to expunge it from web service), or you can delete the offline DB from settings dialog, and re-sync your note store. Keep in mind that qvernote will have to rebuild the thumbnails as well.
Funny thing, I read in evernote forums about exactly the same problem with official iPhone client

The time format is taken from Evernote web service and not from local phone settings, thats why its US-style

The Following User Says Thank You to sharky76 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by sharky76 View Post
The time format is taken from Evernote web service and not from local phone settings, thats why its US-style
Ok, but the Windows client doesn't seem to so I thought maybe Qvernote needed a tweak,

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I was using Qvernote 0.4-7maemo1 last night and had several problems.

I created a note on the N900, typed a few sentences in and then pressed save. Qvernote proceeded to make 20 or so copies of the note that only appeared on the evernote web site. The wifi signal may have been weak as the N900 did fall back to using the cell data a few times during the evening. During the extended save, the spinner in the title bar remained spinning.

After this, I pressed the return arrow on the top right corner and then entered back in to the note. I entered a few more lines of text and then pressed the return arrow and I wasn't prompted to save the edited text. Is that correct?

So in summary the two problems are:
- 20 notes created on evernote but not visible on Qvernote.
- No prompting to save unsaved notes leading to lost work.

thanks,
Frank

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Is there a way to perform an either scheduled automatic sync, or maybe a command line option so I can sync my notebook in the morning via cron?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
I was using Qvernote 0.4-7maemo1 last night and had several problems.

I created a note on the N900, typed a few sentences in and then pressed save. Qvernote proceeded to make 20 or so copies of the note that only appeared on the evernote web site. The wifi signal may have been weak as the N900 did fall back to using the cell data a few times during the evening. During the extended save, the spinner in the title bar remained spinning.

After this, I pressed the return arrow on the top right corner and then entered back in to the note. I entered a few more lines of text and then pressed the return arrow and I wasn't prompted to save the edited text. Is that correct?

So in summary the two problems are:
- 20 notes created on evernote but not visible on Qvernote.
- No prompting to save unsaved notes leading to lost work.

thanks,
Frank
There is an annoying bug in this release, the loading animation in edit window never stops. It will be fixed in next release, sorry for inconvenience

Originally Posted by esiravegna View Post
Is there a way to perform an either scheduled automatic sync, or maybe a command line option so I can sync my notebook in the morning via cron?

Thanks!
Qvernote does re-sync every 5 minutes when running. Just leave it always open, and your notebook will always be synchronized

The Following User Says Thank You to sharky76 For This Useful Post:
0.5.0 is out
The next release of your favorite Evernote client is out!
Brings google maps support, improved favorites and
ton of bug fixes as usual.

Frank Banul - Thanks for noticing the bug in saving the note!

Have fun

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sharky76 For This Useful Post:
0.5.0 is out
Have fun
The new ability to sort tags in the search screen is very very helpful. Thanks for listening to requests.
BTW, it sorts in a strange way- first all the capitalized words, than all the non capitalized.
So I get (just an example):

Campus, Home, Students, Work, family, shopping.
Instead of
Campus, family, Home, shopping, Students, Work.

This is probably ASCII code order .
(I will now change my tags to all capital.so no problem - but you might want to take a look).
Thanks

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Is there someplace maps are explained? Pressing the maps button just brings up a grey screen with a red pointer in the middle.

0.5.0 is out
Brings google maps support, improved favorites and
ton of bug fixes as usual.
thanks,
Frank