Active Topics

Don't you feel better now? Nokia devoted the vast resources of a single developer when he becomes free.

Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Don't you feel better now? Nokia devoted the vast resources of a single developer when he becomes free.
Yes it seems to be nothing than a big joke. He also states the freeing the source would slow down the development.
Freeing the source is the only possibility of any further development here ...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Somehow I'm reminded of my 14 year old son, who complains no matter what a person tries to do for him...

You're right that we shouldn't complain, Tex. After all, what exactly has Nokia done for us 770 users since january ?
Nothing, so nothing to complain about. Even *my* 12-year old son can't beat that one :-)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Rexburg, Idaho
Im not complaining, dont get me wrong I AM GREATFULL for what has been released thus far. I was just posting what I THOUGHT to be an update on the situation, nothing more.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i think its funny that the whole maemo division is probably smaller than some start-up companies. or at least that's how they make it seem.

Originally Posted by wirelessaddict View Post
Im not complaining, dont get me wrong I AM GREATFULL for what has been released thus far. I was just posting what I THOUGHT to be an update on the situation, nothing more.
I don't mean to suggest Nokia should be 100% off the hook. I just see a lot of messenger-shooting and bar-raising and wonder if enough will ever be done...

Regardless, I am on record here stating OS2006 bugs should be fixed. However, let's be specifc: we are talking 2007 hacker ed here.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-06-19 at 19:26.

This is why I will never buy another nokia product again, and I will especially NOT buy the 800. They sold us a piece of sh*t that they never intended to support, and left us all hanging with 300 dollars of wasted money. Microsoft treats its customers better than Nokia does. They also write better software.

If that isn't a comment on the quality and customer care levels at Nokia nothing is. All those people saying how the 800 users will be treated better is just whistling past the graveyard. The graveyard full of us 770 users.

You're making a huge mistake slamming Nokia quality in general. I could actually agree with a more specific slam, though.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You're making a huge mistake slamming Nokia quality in general. I could actually agree with a more specific slam, though.
It was a 6'3" slam, officer. Caucasian, dark hair, with a limp. It went that way.